• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano not just to IR, he is not eligible to return this year

Jeremy Igo

14 hours ago, cptx said:

They can trade the Panthers for him but that's about it, I believe.

Unless there has been a rule change, you can't trader a player who is on IR. All we could do is negotiate an injury settlement and cut him.

Corrrection,. Rule did change last year. We can trade him. 

35 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Unless there has been a rule change, you can't trader a player who is on IR. All we could do is negotiate an injury settlement and cut him.

Corrrection,. Rule did change last year. We can trade him. 

Yeah, you can.

You just have to find somebody who's dumb enough to trade for an injured player.

I'm glad we aren't in the situation of the Vikings. They traded a 5th round pick for a kicker and cut him like 2 or 3 weeks afterwards. I didn't get to see why but damn did he just straight up suck for them to just throw away a 5th round pick like that o what lol. Gonna have to look into how he did for some clarification or something.

1 minute ago, ichigo1057 said:

I'm glad we aren't in the situation of the Vikings. They traded a 5th round pick for a kicker and cut him like 2 or 3 weeks afterwards. I didn't get to see why but damn did he just straight up suck for them to just throw away a 5th round pick like that lol.

I just heard that news on NFL radio. Vikes did all that for nothing and now they will have kicker problems. They will just have to get a kicker from what is left on the market.

14 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

I just heard that news on NFL radio. Vikes did all that for nothing and now they will have kicker problems. They will just have to get a kicker from what is left on the market.

Here is their explanation for it. They basically claimed he struggled in preseason and that when he came in it made Dan Bailey start doing better. Heck they brought him in to try and do both K and P jobs and then he leaves with neither. So they really gave a 5th round pick so they can put temporary pressure on their current kicker to do better. I somehow feel like that won't last into the season now that he doesn't have that person behind him anymore lol.

https://www.vikings.com/video/pelissero-explains-why-vikings-moved-on-from-vedvik-sloter-and-treadwell

58 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Here is their explanation for it. They basically claimed he struggled in preseason and that when he came in it made Dan Bailey start doing better. Heck they brought him in to try and do both K and P jobs and then he leaves with neither. So they really gave a 5th round pick so they can put temporary pressure on their current kicker to do better. I somehow feel like that won't last into the season now that he doesn't have that person behind him anymore lol.

https://www.vikings.com/video/pelissero-explains-why-vikings-moved-on-from-vedvik-sloter-and-treadwell

In other words....

Archived