• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano not just to IR, he is not eligible to return this year

Jeremy Igo

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes, it looks worse.

We put our faith on Gano - and gave him a significantly higher salary - only to see him be something less than spectacular. And now just two years later he's not even healthy enough to make the roster and his career might be over.

Meanwhile, Butker has kicked equally as well as Gano (some would argue better) has earned an extension from the Chiefs and may well be set up to handle their kicking duties for the next decade.

So basically, we gave up a younger cheaper guy with the potential to anchor our kicking game for the next ten years in return for two years of mediocre kicking by a guy we paid something like five times the salary.

"Stupid" doesn't even begin to cover it 

But at least we are correcting it now.  

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes, it looks worse.

We put our faith on Gano - and gave him a significantly higher salary - only to see him be something less than spectacular. And now just two years later he's not even healthy enough to make the roster and his career might be over.

Meanwhile, Butker has kicked equally as well as Gano (some would argue better) has earned an extension from the Chiefs and may well be set up to handle their kicking duties for the next decade.

So basically, we gave up a younger cheaper guy with the potential to anchor our kicking game for the next ten years in return for two years of mediocre kicking by a guy we paid something like five times the salary.

Wasn't Gano the most accurate kicker in the league in 2017 though, or am I'm mistaken? That was also the year that Hurney tried to keep Butker on the roster for as long as possible until Rivera needed, if I recall, offensive lineman and defensive back as everyone was getting injured.

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Wasn't Gano the most accurate kicker in the league in 2017 though, or am I'm mistaken? That was also the year that Hurney tried to keep Butker on the roster for as long as possible until Rivera needed, if I recall, offensive lineman and defensive back as everyone was getting injured.

He was one of the most accurate kickers in the league the year Rivera held him back from kicking pretty much anything over 50 yards because he had no confidence in him.

And I'm pretty sure even that year, he missed some extra points.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was one of the most accurate kickers in the league the year Rivera held him back from kicking pretty much anything over 50 yards because he had no confidence in him.

He went 29 of 30 on kicks and 34/37 on PATS, that's a total of four missed points. He was 18th in field goals attempted, roughly middle of the pack.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes, it looks worse.

Yeah you don’t have to explain, I’m well aware of your simplistic way of thinking despite weirdos on here thinking you have some kind of profound football insight. None of what you just said was impacted by Gano being IRed...that was all already done. The more you post about this, the more I’m convinced you really don’t know what a sunk cost is with respect to your back-and-forth with that other guy.

”Not even healthy enough to make the roster and his career might be over” LOL, that is too funny...all over some soreness on his plant foot. The Panthers have historically placed players on IR for all kinds of phantom injuries when it was beneficial to them and here you are acting like Gano just got both feet amputated lol.

Your entire post is some melodramatic mess I would expect to read out of the diary of an eleven-year-old girl whose mom just hugged and embarrassed her at school. Are you happy with the decision to IR Gano and move forward with Slye? If not, why? If yes, why are you whining so much immediately after it happened? Slye had as good of a preseason for a kicker as possibly ever, and here you are still complaining about a kicker debacle from two years ago.

Btw, “some would argue” Butker outperformed Gano these past two years, and statistics would argue otherwise...that was cute that you threw that in there.

Also btw, considering the Chiefs’ extension...we have been paying Gano “five times as much” for literally one season.

Now please do us both a favor, tuck that tail between your legs, and do one of your classic Mr. Scot “lolz tl/dr” replies to save me the headache...thanks babe.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hope I don’t ever catch you complaining about Ron playing vets over rookies cause that just means he had no confidence in the rookies, right? Your logic wouldn’t happen to be conveniently inconsistent, would it?

Guess who else Ron didn’t have confidence in? Oh yeah, Butker...seems like Ron’s lack of confidence may sometimes be misplaced? Yeah? Ok cool, glad we established that.

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah you don’t have to explain, I’m well aware of your simplistic way of thinking despite weirdos on here thinking you have some kind of profound football insight. None of what you just said was impacted by Gano being IRed...that was all already done. The more you post about this, the more I’m convinced you really don’t know what a sunk cost is with respect to your back-and-forth with that other guy.

”Not even healthy enough to make the roster and his career might be over” LOL, that is too funny...all over some soreness on his plant foot. The Panthers have historically placed players on IR for all kinds of phantom injuries when it was beneficial to them and here you are acting like Gano just got both feet amputated lol.

Your entire post is some melodramatic mess I would expect to read out of the diary of an eleven-year-old girl whose mom just hugged and embarrassed her at school. Are you happy with the decision to IR Gano and move forward with Slye? If not, why? If yes, why are you whining so much immediately after it happened? Slye had as good of a preseason for a kicker as possibly ever, and here you are still complaining about a kicker debacle from two years ago.

Btw, “some would argue” Butker outperformed Gano these past two years, and statistics would argue otherwise...that was cute that you threw that in there.

Also btw, considering the Chiefs’ extension...we have been paying Gano “five times as much” for literally one season.

Now please do us both a favor, tuck that tail between your legs, and do one of your classic Mr. Scot “lolz tl/dr” replies to save me the headache...thanks babe.

You wouldn't have headaches if you didn't try to defend indefensible positions.

You're throwing a lot of words at it to try and spin it but it's not working, and for one main reason.

The reason why my explanation was simple is because the situation genuinely is that simple.

14 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

What are you the utmost authority on football or something.

Archived