• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano not just to IR, he is not eligible to return this year

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I’m saying designate him to return. Can’t you bring a player off IR the same week as the trade deadline?

A team like the bears may be really desperate for a known commodity at kicker come the trade deadline.

He has to be on the opening day roster to do that, so we'd have to have started the season with two kickers again.

That, plus it sounds like the team isn't confident that he can heal by mid-season.

The Huddle gets what they wanted with Slye but instead of rejoicing, we’re still complaining about Butker? That was two years ago lol Jesus. Huddle gonna Huddle...always need to complain about something.

Really? This makes the Butker debacle look worse? That’s just dumb...what would make that look worse is if we made the same exact mistake and cut Slye and rolled with Gano and Slye went on to have a productive first couple years for another team.  That’s what would make that worse...imagine if Slye goes on to have and even better career than Butker and even nail multiple 60+ yard game winners this season. The handling of Butker/Gano might have actually somehow produced a better outcome in that case...

Yes, it looks worse.

We put our faith on Gano - and gave him a significantly higher salary - only to see him be something less than spectacular. And now just two years later he's not even healthy enough to make the roster and his career might be over.

Meanwhile, Butker has kicked equally as well as Gano (some would argue better) has earned an extension from the Chiefs and may well be set up to handle their kicking duties for the next decade.

So basically, we gave up a younger cheaper guy with the potential to anchor our kicking game for the next ten years in return for two years of mediocre kicking by a guy we paid something like five times the salary.

"Stupid" doesn't even begin to cover it 

6 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

pertinent

Because I've gotten several questions about this today - The NFL's competition committee in 2018 amended Article XVII, Section 17.16 of the rulebook - to permit clubs to trade players from Reserve/Injured list.

I gotta wonder who's dumb enough to give up a draft pick for a guy who's been designated too injured to play this season.

21 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

pertinent

Because I've gotten several questions about this today - The NFL's competition committee in 2018 amended Article XVII, Section 17.16 of the rulebook - to permit clubs to trade players from Reserve/Injured list.

They must have felt it was going to be difficult to try to trade throughout the year. With keeping 3 Qb’s they must have felt someone was gonna grab I cut that they were going to have to cut to also have 2 kickers on the roster for a day.  

Puzzling though.  

Archived