• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano not just to IR, he is not eligible to return this year

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hope he's worth it.

That 59-yarder that would have been good from 69 seemed like him sounding his arrival in the league. I truthfully believe Slye is our Kicker for the next decade.

The only thing that's got me worried is about a spidey-sense tingling on the nape of my neck that says he fails a PED test at some point this year. Cuz, c'mon! Look at that guy! He looks like he waddled into training camp after getting lost on the way to "World's Strongest Man."

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

None.

Think of it this way: If the Panthers gave up a draft pick for somebody who was too hurt to play, how would you feel?

I’m saying designate him to return. Can’t you bring a player off IR the same week as the trade deadline?

A team like the bears may be really desperate for a known commodity at kicker come the trade deadline.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So... What exactly did we ultimately get out of Graham Gano that was worth losing out on Harrison Butker?

That decision looks even dumber now than it already did.

Well Gano’s injury since that decision has likely played a part, and maybe they like Slye more than Butker. Obviously that was a poor decision to keep Gano over Butker but this Slye situation hasn’t changed anything.

Just now, Eazy-E said:

I’m saying designate him to return. Can’t you bring a player off IR the same week as the trade deadline?

A team like the bears may be really desperate for a known commodity at kicker come the trade deadline.

You only get two of those, it’s a long season. Using one on a kicker isn’t smart.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

This is correct and again there is no IR designation of to return or not. There is only IR pre-53 which means you are done for the year and IR post 53 which means you may be able to return. You don’t designate anything when you put someone on IR post 53. You can just decide to bring someone back after the  allotted weeks (8, I think) you have to be on IR post 53 and you can do that to two different players.

This was solely a we’d rather go with Slye and not drop 1 more player than keep Slye, drop one more player and possibly have Gano for the second half of the year.

I think the first year they had it you were required to designate them to return when you put the player on IR but they changed it the next year which is probably where the confusion comes from.

1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

Yea but he if he’s designated to return he cant go to the IR until after cuts are made, wasting a spot 

Archived