• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

People are angry they kept Grier over Heinicke?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, ellis said:

If any of these quarterbacks see the field, the season is pretty much over. At least for this season.

That is true for just about any team in the league.  In order to win with a backup qb, you have to get Nick Foles lucky, or have a dominant defense with a good run game and a backup that doesn't turn the ball over.  I doubt any of these guys would be able to do what Foles did.  Having a dominant defense and good run game is slightly possible, and Allen hasn't turned the ball over, at least not in the small sample size we have seen.

Grier played like how you used to expect a rookie QB would. That's why they'd generally spend a season or two on the bench, like Aaron Rodgers did behind Favre or Brady did behind Bledsoe or Mahomes behind Smith. Seasoning. 

Keeping Grier was a no brainer, but I would have rather seen Heinicke kept over Allen. 

Even Heineke over Allen seems to be a silly thing to be upset about. Last year when Heineke started and looked bad and Allen came in and actually played decent, everyone was clamoring about how Allen was so much better and they were going to riot if Ron tried to play Heineke again against New Orleans (before he was officially ruled out).

After Heineke puts up some decent stats against defenses made up 90% of people cut today, we should be upset that he's gone? I'm sure he's a nice guy and I hope he gets a chance with Indy but the Panthers did not lose anything by cutting him today. 

1 minute ago, Peon Awesome said:

Even Heineke over Allen seems to be a silly thing to be upset about. Last year when Heineke started and looked bad and Allen came in and actually played decent, everyone was clamoring about how Allen was so much better and they were going to riot if Ron tried to play Heineke again against New Orleans (before he was officially ruled out).

After Heineke puts up some decent stats against defenses made up 90% of people cut today, we should be upset that he's gone? I'm sure he's a nice guy and I hope he gets a chance with Indy but the Panthers did not lose anything by cutting him today. 

Also neither Allen nor Heinicke would win games. Allen has more potential to be a legit QB. Why would you not keep the guy with more upside when the results of them playing this season would be the same?

Archived