• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

But even if he is gone..the cost remains the same.  We gain nothing in terms of "cost" by having him cut.

What promising young player are we removing for Butler?

4 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Who do we even have at his position that’s promising? I would love to throw Butler out the door, but we don’t really have another option right now unless we find someone in cuts. Of course then you’re replacing him with someone else who couldn’t make a team.

Could make a trade for someone I guess.

I'm not saying cut him now. I'm talking about as we are getting down to the 53 we have guys we intend to stash on the practice squad in the hope no other team will poach. We actually have some promising talent in the backfield too. Then there's this situation at kicker.

Again, it's about making tough choices down the line.

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Who do we even have at his position that’s promising? I would love to throw Butler out the door, but we don’t really have another option right now unless we find someone in cuts. Of course then you’re replacing him with someone else who couldn’t make a team.

Could make a trade for someone I guess.

All that matters is that the guy you replace him with is better. Depth isn't uniform so another teams cut player could be better than our backup player. Example: there are teams that would love a chance at Slye and the fact we would have to cut him wouldn't be a negative in their evaluation. It wasn't with KC and Butcker.

There is a chance we could find someone better than him but it's unfortunately not guaranteed. 

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'm not saying cut him now. I'm talking about as we are getting down to the 53 we have guys we intend to stash on the practice squad in the hope no other team will poach. We actually have some promising talent in the backfield too. Then there's this situation at kicker.

Again, it's about making tough choices down the line.

But we can’t drop a DL to keep one of those guys can we? We are already ultra thin there as it is.

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

All that matters is that the guy you replace him with is better. Depth isn't uniform so another teams cut player could be better than our backup player. Example: there are teams that would love a chance at Slye and the fact we would have to cut him wouldn't be a negative in their evaluation. It wasn't with KC and Butcker.

There is a chance we could find someone better than him but it's unfortunately not guaranteed. 

Well kicker is a bit different than DL since you only keep 1 per team. I don’t think there are many if any at all that are so deep on the DL that they are cutting useful players. Would love it if someone solid becomes available and we are able to pick them up though.

Also, Butler really isn’t that worthless for the job he needs to do which is just to provide depth for 20 or so snaps a game.

Archived