• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

27 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

he isnt bad, he just hasnt proven to be worth his first round cost. if he was, say a fourth rounder, do you think some people would be so wanting him gone already?

But even if he is gone..the cost remains the same.  We gain nothing in terms of "cost" by having him cut.

21 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The issue is more about which promising player are you going to sacrifice to make a spot for someone already halfway out the door?

What promising young player are we removing for Butler?

19 minutes ago, TheRed said:

In terms of depth I dont disagree entirely.

The issue is more about which promising player are you going to sacrifice to make a spot for someone already halfway out the door?

Who do we even have at his position that’s promising? I would love to throw Butler out the door, but we don’t really have another option right now unless we find someone in cuts. Of course then you’re replacing him with someone else who couldn’t make a team.

Could make a trade for someone I guess.

About CAP---his age is a factor, but the biggest factor.   He is as good as he is going to get--he is on the decline

CAP was drafted in another offensive system--I think Norv likes the versatility of the three we are going to keep active--they are more versatile, imo.

Since CAP was the topic at the beginning of this thread, I will go back and read the thread to see just how passe this post really is.

Archived