• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

2 members of the PS can be veterans I think

I was wrong this is the PS rules

Not all players are eligible for a practice squad, especially if they’ve been in the NFL for several years and/or played in a number of games. In 2016, the NFL adopted a modification to the practice squad rules that allows up to four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons, making it easier for teams to have experienced players on their practice squad. In the previous agreement, only two players with two accrued seasons were allowed to be on a practice squad.

Other than those four players, eligibility is limited to players who have been on an active roster for fewer than six games, or were on a 46-man active gameday roster for fewer than nine games.

A player is allowed on the practice squad for up to two years, with one year counting as six weeks in a season. A third year on the practice squad is only allowed if the team keeps 53 players on their active roster at all times (which every team does).

6 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

some people are having extreme difficulty separating his first round price tag and being a decent back up.

I wonder which would be worse...

To have Butler stay here and be bad...

Or to have him go somewhere else and suddenly be very good...

7 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

So confirmed cuts are Mickens, Heinicke, Doss, Catalina, Elder.....  anyone missing ?

7 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

So confirmed cuts are Mickens, Heinicke, Doss, Catalina, Elder.....  anyone missing ?

TE Jason Vander Laan

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wonder which would be worse...

To have Butler stay here and be bad...

Or to have him go somewhere else and suddenly be very good...

he isnt bad, he just hasnt proven to be worth his first round cost. if he was, say a fourth rounder, do you think some people would be so wanting him gone already?

8 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

some people are having extreme difficulty separating his first round price tag and being a decent back up.

If decent backup means running around jumping on a pile up after the tackle is made by somebody else. I guess he is decent....yeah 

40 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I still dont see the positive in releasing Butler right now.

In terms of depth I dont disagree entirely.

The issue is more about which promising player are you going to sacrifice to make a spot for someone already halfway out the door?

Archived