• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Its going to be tough because I think these players have enough talent and potential that anyone like Holyfield, Bonnafon, Grier, DeAndrew White, etc who had good preseason games will immediately get picked up off our PS.

May be more strategic this year than the past few IMO

It's quite different than most years I can remember...  usually I felt like whoever we cut or designated PS would be safe, but we have so much talent this year that some guys are going to get swooped up.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think you’re worried much more than you should be. Unless they were drafted, I’d be shocked if anyone plucks a guy off our PS. No one has done well enough to not make the 53 and make the PS. Only chance is if we did something crazy like put Daley or Scarlett or Miller or Grier on the PS. Godwin like Norton last year might get plucked but I don’t think we’ve got anyone that amazing that will be on the PS. 

Yeah, I just mean the PS guys are much more attractive to other teams than they have been in the past.  Be it Bonnafon, Holyfield or at receiver with a guy like White or Godwin.  I doubt Godwin gets cut, but White flashed enough that a bottom feeder may take a chance on him if we try to stash him.

Our analysis on Bonnafon lines up with that of the Roaring Riot. (Though, I suspect they have an inside source on this: all the better)

He’s versatile, and got considerably more reps in the preseason than Holyfield down the stretch. He was also active at camp in Spartanburg. Every time I turned around he was catching a ball out of the backfield. That’s not insignificant in Norv’s offense.

Archived