• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

from preseason performances: 

Slye should be kicker. evaluated upon Gano's return.

Scarlett and Bonnafon should be 2 and 3.  CAP released. PS Holyfield (I like this kid and think a little more time)

Godwin makes the WR corp.  Like DeAndrew White hope he's PS eligible.  DJ, Curtis, Hogan, Jarius, Robinson, & Godwin are my 6. Cut Torrey. PS White & Jeanpierre.  Really like Mickens but don't see a spot for him.

Efe & Haynes deserves to make 53. Keep Kunaszyk to replace Norris.  

That's off the top of my head.  Anyone got a list of practice squad eligible players?

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

We have younger players with more upside and higher ceilings. Use the same logic you use for other players with CAP. I know he went to auburn but we know what we have with him, time to see if Scarlett or Bonn can take the backup position to the next level. 

If he moves on, he moves on.  That doesn't bother me so stop projecting.

What I was pointing out was the utter disrespect he receives from his "fan" base for merely doing over the years that which his head coach asked of him.

Edit:  And, to be honest (and you can search if you like), I was hoping that Rivera would cut him YEARS ago while he still had a decent opportunity to get on with another team.

7 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

CAP receives more hate for doing what he's been asked to do every time he's been asked to do it then any player I've ever seen

Its mostly because he doesn't get asked to do much.  Because he isn't capable of doing much.

How often does he get asked to be a healthy scratch?

I have personally done everything Ron Rivera has asked me to do as well.  Doesn't mean I should be on the team.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

If he moves on, he moves on.  That doesn't bother me so stop projecting.

What I was pointing out was the utter disrespect he receives from his "fan" base for merely doing over the years that which his head coach asked of him.

You group like five posters into an entire fanbase. 

10 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

CAP receives more hate for doing what he's been asked to do every time he's been asked to do it then any player I've ever seen.

It's not really even about Artis-Payne as it is about the coaches keep going back and forth on what to do with him.

3 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

No. I think they'll try and sneak him on the PS - if he sticks

Its going to be tough because I think these players have enough talent and potential that anyone like Holyfield, Bonnafon, Grier, DeAndrew White, etc who had good preseason games will immediately get picked up off our PS.

May be more strategic this year than the past few IMO

7 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Its going to be tough because I think these players have enough talent and potential that anyone like Holyfield, Bonnafon, Grier, DeAndrew White, etc who had good preseason games will immediately get picked up off our PS.

May be more strategic this year than the past few IMO

I'm sure they're slightly concerned with Holyfield. They're going to have to hold Grier. Doesn't sound like they're going to have to worry about two kickers. 

Archived