• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

People have definitely been making suggestions that Butler should be cut.

Are you simply trying to argue?  Mr. Scot and I did not mention it.  Taking it a bit literally, aren't you?  Damn son.  Go play Call of Duty.

I hear ya....I was wrong about CAP, too. I think most people, if they’re honest with you, felt he would stick up until the last day or two. But they did like 39 a lot during camp. He got a lot of touches in Spartanburg. Scarlett was just too good in the end too pass up. It’s kind of exciting, re: Scarlett. New blood. It’s unfortunate about Cameron but I’m fairly certain he’ll find a landing spot.

EDIT:  PLAYERS HAVE BEEN CUT SINCE THIS WAS WRITTEN---WILL DELETE THEM ASAP---The last thing I read today, the Panthers have 13 cuts to make tomorrow.  I may have missed some cuts after I read that, but if that is true, here is what I think they will do---based on their moves today.  I doubt they wait to cut a player on Sat who is a veteran and I doubt they cut a player today they want for the PS.  Here is how it plays out--this is not what I would do in every case, fwiw--

1.      TE            

2.       S              Corrion Ballard  PS  (only 21, plays a position of need)

3.      RB           Elijah Holyfield  PS 

4.       LB       Sione Teuhema

5.      OG         Rishard Cook   

6.       DT       Bijhon Jackson  PS

7.      CB           Josh Thornton

10.   LB           Jordan Kunaszyk  PS  (If they were going to cut Norris, it would  have been today.  JK can  develop on the PS for a season because we are loaded at LB)

11.   OG         Brandon Greene  PS (With Daley as the third  G—and Larsen as a G depth-- and fourth T,   Greene can go to PS)

12.   TE           Tammarrick Hemmingway PS (With Olsen’s foot, there is no way they enter the season without depth.  Manhertz is needed  to help or L OL block, but Hemmingway could be   safe on the PS as insurance for Olsen.)

13.                 I am guessing a player goes to IR tomorrow.  On my list for the last cut:  Seymour, Cox Jr,  Jones, Gaudlen)

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Are you simply trying to argue?  Mr. Scot and I did not mention it.  Taking it a bit literally, aren't you?  Damn son.  Go play Call of Duty.

I guess I am weird and think words have meaning.

When you say "nobody mentioned it" I didn't realize you only meant "these 2 specific people didn't mention it".

4 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I guess I am weird and think words have meaning.

When you say "nobody mentioned it" I didn't realize you only meant "these 2 specific people didn't mention it".

No worries.  Words do have meanings--literal and figurative.  When I said "nobody" I was not specific.  I could have meant everyone in the world, or the 2 who were discussing it on this thread--when you chimed in.  Let's forget it and celebrate the opening of the season.

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

So CMC, Bonnafon, Scarlett, (FB) Armah?

Holyfield to PS?

id still put Scarlett ahead of Bonnafon, but the coaches don’t seem to think that way. 

He will get there--they make rookies earn it for some macho reason. 

36 minutes ago, ellis said:

I hear ya....I was wrong about CAP, too. I think most people, if they’re honest with you, felt he would stick up until the last day or two. But they did like 39 a lot during camp. He got a lot of touches in Spartanburg. Scarlett was just too good in the end too pass up. It’s kind of exciting, re: Scarlett. New blood. It’s unfortunate about Cameron but I’m fairly certain he’ll find a landing spot.

Thanks for all the good info man...I agree and like the youth movement so to speak 

Archived