• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I want the team to succeed.

If that means we have a depth player, who is depth because he doesn't try hard, yet is still better than any other option available to us?  Then I don't care.

If there was a realistic option better than Butler to get those 15-20 snaps a game, I would be all over it.  But there isn't.

I don't want him cut to send a message that the Panthers are willing to sabotage themselves.

The "thread within a thread" was about Butler's  mindset---not your mindset.  You are taking the topic off the rails.  For example, when  you say, "I don't care,"  neither did we.  We were making observations about Butler's motivation.  Nobody even suggested the other stuff you mentioned.  

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Few surprising cuts for the Panthers in their first round of releases, the biggest RB Cameron-Artis Payne: Terminated vested veterans RB Cameron Artis-Payne QB Taylor Heinicke CB Lorenzo Doss WR Aldrick Robinson LS Andew DePaola Waived LB Brandon Bell G Tyler Catalina C Parker Collins CB Corn Elder DT Woodrow Hamilton G Taylor Hearn TE Cole Hunt WR Damion Jeanpiere WR Andre Levrone WR Jaydon Mickens CB Ryan Pulley WR Rashad Ross TE Jason Vander Laan LB Antoine Williams C John Yarbrough Waived injured G Kofi Amichia S Damian Parms Injured Reserve K Graham Gano G Kitt O'Brien

Dammit.. I was hoping Levrone would make the team as the 6th, with us parting ways with Smith. Even though it's unlikely, considering he was cut today versus tomorrow, I'll still be pulling for him to make the Practice Squad now. However, I won't be surprised if someone scoops him from the waiver wire, since he had nice hands all preseason and managed to do a decent job of getting separation.

33 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The "thread within a thread" was about Butler's  mindset---not your mindset.  You are taking the topic off the rails.  For example, when  you say, "I don't care,"  neither did we.  We were making observations about Butler's motivation.  Nobody even suggested the other stuff you mentioned. 

People have definitely been making suggestions that Butler should be cut.

49 minutes ago, KneelingCamFan said:

Seems like all the players we picked up from the AAF were cut. I guess they were in the AAF for a reason.  Too bad Aldrick Robinson was cut. I think if Torrey Smith wasn't on the team we would have kept him..

He had that one play he gave up on the route and woulda been a touchdown otherwise from Grier. I think it was against the Bills. That soured me on him. Otherwise I did see some promise

Say what you want about Torrey but I remember reading somewhere where Ron was talking about Torrey’s impact on DJ’s and Curtis’ development. He’s also not going anywhere after taking a pay cut so we could land McCoy. Dude is a true pro and the team won’t turn on him for that. He’s gone after this year though 

Archived