• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers Cuts thread

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Well kicker is a bit different than DL since you only keep 1 per team. I don’t think there are many if any at all that are so deep on the DL that they are cutting useful players. Would love it if someone solid becomes available and we are able to pick them up though.

Also, Butler really isn’t that worthless for the job he needs to do which is just to provide depth for 20 or so snaps a game.

I'm not in the cut Buttle and find anyone else after camp. If there is someone out there, I'd be intrigued. Until then do exactly as you say and hope he never becomes a default starter.

I would imagine at best an older guy gets surprised cut. I still don't expect it to happen till it does.

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I'm not in the cut Buttle and find anyone else after camp. If there is someone out there, I'd be intrigued. Until then do exactly as you say and hope he never becomes a default starter.

I would imagine at best an older guy gets surprised cut. I still don't expect it to happen till it does.

That’s exactly where I am. If someone better happens to become available then go for it, but he’s fine for a backup. Total waste of a first round pick, but he’s not so bad that we need to replace him at all costs. Just draft his replacement next year.

1 hour ago, Peppers90 NC said:

he isnt bad, he just hasnt proven to be worth his first round cost. if he was, say a fourth rounder, do you think some people would be so wanting him gone already?

My belief with regard to Butler has long been that he came in expecting to start. Then Kawann Short get re-signed and suddenly he was a backup, and he didn't like it.

The smart move would have been to give it his best and hope to earn a starting spot later, but I don't think that's what he did at all.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My belief with regard to Butler has long been that he came in expecting to start. Then Kawann Short get re-signed and suddenly he was a backup, and he didn't like it.

The smart move would have been to give it his best and hope to earn a starting spot later, but I don't think that's what he did at all.

If that is the case, he is essentially a quitter.  Mentally weak.  If the ball is on the 1 and the game is on the line, is he the kind of guy who says, "I am going to defy the odds and stuff this play" or is he the guy who hopes the ball goes the other way? 

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

cut him to send a message

What message?

"The Carolina Panthers are willing to hurt themseves, and make them a worse team just to spite a specific player"?

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

If that is the case, he is essentially a quitter.  Mentally weak.  If the ball is on the 1 and the game is on the line, is he the kind of guy who says, "I am going to defy the odds and stuff this play" or is he the guy who hopes the ball goes the other way? 

Fortunately, even if we keep Butler he should never be in that situation.

I can't think of a single back up I want in the game when the ball is on the 1, and the game is on the line.

Archived