• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Steelers Game day thread!

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

ONE of Gano or Slye is going to be cut.

Period.

And I guarantee you every kicker-hungry team in the NFL is praying that the Rivera/Hurndawg team cut the young guy.

Again.

You answered your own question...you ask:

Why would anyone trade for someone who’s going to get cut?

Then you say:

Every kicker-hungry team is gonna be lining up to sign Slye if he gets cut.

If someone really wants him, they’ll trade a late pick for him. Otherwise they’re gonna have to compete with several other teams to sign him.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

I'm not saying he wont stick or won't ever be a good player.

But he's playing against players who won't even make the PS, dude.

You're right, but that's what a guy like that needs to be doing against inferior players...

Obada had some flashes last year, was the NFL Defensive player of the week as a 4-3 DE, and is showing he can play DE in the 3-4... he's out there bc he's learning a new position, but he absolutely can contribute this year in the regular season.

Same thing with Haynes. He needed a season to adjust, but he's one of the all-time leaders in sacks in the SEC... that's  not insignificant.

Both those guys can contribute when it really counts against legit competition 

1 minute ago, Silent Majority said:

Yes, sir. Will not make the 53 from uour back in pass pro.

From what I've seen in the past few years and from these rookies in pre-season...

Maybe Ron and Norm shouldn't be counting on RBs to make blocks in the backfield for passing plays.

P.S. I fully expect them to ignore this advice because they are dumb.

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Elijah is getting his sweet ass cut.  

I think that was a given even before tonight.

I think the real decision is whether the Panthers feel like Bonnafon offers enough to justify cutting CAP.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah... None of that has jack sh-t to do with the fact that Graham Gano is injured, Joey Slye is beating him and nobody is stupid enough to trade for an injured kicker.

That makes about as much sense as saying "I'm failing math because the home economics teacher sucks".

It has everything  to do with everything. I’m using that as an example to show You error in people ways . I’m gonna just agree with you because “you” feel like you right and there’ can’t be any other way lol . Once again I’m agreeing with the mass . I don’t care for Gano but I’m not gonna over exaggerate how bad he is cause i don’t care for him simple 

David Tepper:

For the love of God, pay Bill Rosinski like a king and bring him back. I don’t care what it takes, pay the man whatever the hell he wants. I don’t want to hear anything about him being a bad guy or an asshole. I don’t give a crap. Tidy up the production crew on the television side, while you’re at it. It’s hot garbage.

Thx.

ellis 

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

From what I've seen in the past few years and from these rookies in pre-season...

Maybe Ron and Norm shouldn't be counting on RBs to make blocks in the backfield for passing plays.

P.S. I fully expect them to ignore this advice because they are dumb.

Norv's system needs running backs that can at least halfway block.

If we ran a WCO, we'd probably send everybody out. Of course, that's why teams that run that system need a mobile quarterback, because a good portion of the time there's nobody blocking back there.

Archived