• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Steelers Game day thread!

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Obada is gonna make this team. I know it’s hard to key in on players sometimes but he has been playing really well. He’s big, strong, athletic and smart. And it seems like the game is slowing down for him.

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-vs-patriots-rookie-brian-burns-two-sacks-

Nice post, I hadn't read this article, but noticed Obada flushing out the QB for the strip sack while watching the game. The second sack was a lot more subtle, but likely more promising because he made the read and took on the double team to free up Burns. That means he's playing smart and getting confidence instead of just relying on his physical gifts to make plays. 

6 hours ago, ellis said:

It’s kind of a big night for Vernon Butler. 

I’d be curious to hear your brother’s comments on Butler. Especially that first preseason game. 

I thought it was some of the worst effort I’ve seen out of a NFL lineman. And hours before I was saying cutting Butler made no sense. But after watching him close in that game, I would have cut him immediately and showed the whole team what “accountability” is. 

I get it, no one likes this game b/c reasons.

This is actually my favorite game of the year.  I get to watch the Panthers play without having a negative emotional reaction to anything I see on the field.

The bubble guys, while sloppy and less gifted, show more effort and passion than you’ll see on any given Sunday.

Plus is there anything more hype than watching some guy break a big play and you’re yelling Go....! at the TV but you don’t know his name so you just keep yelling Go!

Anywho, this game is stress free, with a chance of a big play sprinkled in.

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers PK Graham Gano continues to deal with a sore knee and is a candidate to begin the season on injured reserve, according to a league source. Joey Slye, who after tonight will have kicked in all four preseason games, would begin the season as the place-kicker. Slye is 6-for-6 on field goals and 2-for-2 on extra points during the preseason. Gano really isn't a trade candidate because of the injury and a high cap number ($3,687 million).

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

I’d be curious to hear your brother’s comments on Butler. Especially that first preseason game. 

I thought it was some of the worst effort I’ve seen out of a NFL lineman. And hours before I was saying cutting Butler made no sense. But after watching him close in that game, I would have cut him immediately and showed the whole team what “accountability” is. 

The Bears game was alarming. I know there’s a lot of good publicity going around right now about Butler’s weight loss, and he seems like a decent dude. But he didn’t look that great in camp, and he certainly looked terrible in Chicago.

We will wrap around with some more thoughts on all these guys (Butler, too) in our regular season preview here in a couple days

Archived