• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in trading for WR Laquon Treadwell??

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well let's bring in a wide receiver that has 500 total yards in 3+ seasons.  That clearly is an upgrade.

Who said he's an upgrade over anyone in particular?  I'm just saying that there's plenty of space in the WR room.  We aren't loaded down with superstars.  My specific comment was directed at people who say "we don't need WR help".  Yes, we do. 

I'm still not convinced that we're actually looking to do this, but on the surface it makes SOME sense. Norv was in Minnesota when they drafted Treadwell. Norv does have a history of preferring bigger WRs. Treadwell does fit a specific redzone target niche that we currently lack in our WR corps.

I wouldn't want to offer anything other than a conditional late round pick or a player who is on the bubble of our own roster either way though.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm still not convinced that we're actually looking to do this, but on the surface it makes SOME sense. Norv was in Minnesota when they drafted Treadwell. Norv does have a history of preferring bigger WRs. Treadwell does fit a specific redzone target niche that we currently lack in our WR corps.

I wouldn't want to offer anything other than a conditional late round pick or a player who is on the bubble of our own roster either way though.

Isn't Treadwell in danger of not making their roster at all though?

Does it change your outlook if we can gey him without giving anything up?

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Isn't Treadwell in danger of not making their roster at all though?

Does it change your outlook if we can gey him without giving anything up?

Yeah, he probably is. Honestly, no not really since I'd only be willing to part with a conditional late rounder or bubble player of our own in a trade. If we want him, I'd be willing to do that type of deal to insure we get him rather than risk someone ahead of us claiming him on the waiver wire. It might impact my decision in the matter if he wasn't going to be subject to the waiver wire.

4 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I never said he was better than DJ.  I said DJ was our best receiver and he only had 700 yards in receiving.  Your reply doesn't compute, homeboy.

Your comment implied that 700 yards was not good enough for a Wr  for us to feel comfortable with what we have

But that 700 yards came as a rookie  who's  Qb was hurt half way thru the season

While Treadwell has only put up 500 yards in his career because he sucks ..... keep up homeboy

Archived