• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in trading for WR Laquon Treadwell??

Jeremy Igo

So I watched the video that Igo was referring to and my take was that Rapoport was just guessing that the Jaguars and Panthers would be ideal because both coordinators for each team has connections to Treadwell but nowhere did he state that the teams were actually interested.

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We must be wanting a bigger possession type WR. 

Joe Person said a while back that Turner likes big receivers.

Even so, this is a head scratcher. I just don't think he's that good.

Better than Torrey Smith at least? Probably. Would want to see the contract ramifications.

37 minutes ago, philit99 said:

A good possession receiver that can get separation is help for the oline.

About that separation...yeah, he ain’t it.

That said I wouldn’t be opposed to a 6th or 7th or something if we had an injury to one of our top 5 WRs. Change of scenery can fix things.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just saw a video on the NFL app.

In it Rapoport says the Panthers are in the mix for the Treadwell trade. Sorry, no link. 

Weird, huh?

Not weird. Cam knew we were eager for another WR during the draft. I have sources 

Only way I think it would make any sense would be for a conditional 7th.  The Panthers could use a taller receiver, but I still don't see it.

He's familiar with Norv, but he's done nothing to justify a 1st round pick, and hardly done anything to justify a roster spot.

The only way I see this making sense is to take Godwin's spot (assuming we could stash him on the PS) and let someone else return punts (can Chris Hogan return punts?  I really don't know).  

For all the Torrey hate, I can't see us cutting one of the deep threats and guys who are proven playing outside receiver.

We'll see.  I'm sure there's going to be a lot of unfounded speculation the next few days before cuts.

Archived