• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is out of the boot

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Do we even really want him to start vs the rams? Seems like a winning the battle losing the war situation if you bring him back and expose him to GVR vs Donald.

If he is healthy he has to play. What message do you give the team if you say he isn't playing because you are afraid he will get hurt. Why should every other starter risk injury if Cam doesn't do the same. It would send a bad message to the rest of the team and undermine your offensive line. Nope. If you are worried about Donald then scheme to shade protections toward him. But Cam has to play if healthy. 

35 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Ron Rivera sure as hell does.

And Ron Rivera doesn't give a bootwiper's fug about risking Cam Newton's health.  That's been made quite clear for going on 9 seasons now.

To be fair, nobody want what we have behind him to start. No way in hell.

15 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If he is healthy he has to play. What message do you give the team if you say he isn't playing because you are afraid he will get hurt. Why should every other starter risk injury if Cam doesn't do the same. It would send a bad message to the rest of the team and undermine your offensive line. Nope. If you are worried about Donald then scheme to shade protections toward him. But Cam has to play if healthy. 

I mean you could always just lie say he isn’t fully healthy yet and keep him out. Cam, the doctors and the team all have to give the go ahead in order for him to play.

56 minutes ago, Bartin said:

I mean you could always just lie say he isn’t fully healthy yet and keep him out. Cam, the doctors and the team all have to give the go ahead in order for him to play.

Definitely. But try and keep Cam off the field. He knows this year is very important to his future and the Panthers. Unless he is really hurt you know he wants to be out there.

15 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

A lot of Panthers fans don't like it, but if Cam doesn't workout this season. AKA stay healthy. We need to release him next year, and tank for Trevor Lawrence. That kid will be a stud. I love Cam, but bruh. Being injured is a death sentence for a team depending on their QB. 

What kind of Michael Jordan style Hornets voodoo is this????

On 8/26/2019 at 8:19 AM, JakeDel5674 said:

A lot of Panthers fans don't like it, but if Cam doesn't workout this season. AKA stay healthy. We need to release him next year, and tank for Trevor Lawrence. That kid will be a stud. I love Cam, but bruh. Being injured is a death sentence for a team depending on their QB. 

That kid may or may not be a stud.  He is just a kid with a talented arm making wide open throws to superior athletes in college, which is why he they won the championship.  All those kids look like studs when there is that big of a disparity in talent.  A.J. McCarron once looked like a can't miss prospect.  The same goes for Jalen Hurt.  They are only challenged around four times a year.  He still has to develop for two more years.  The idea of tanking for a sophomore quarterback is nonsense.  I know you said if Cam can't stay healthy, but nonetheless you mentioned tanking and I don't ever want them to do that period.

On 8/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, NorthTryon said:

That kid may or may not be a stud.  He is just a kid with a talented arm making wide open throws to superior athletes in college, which is why he they won the championship.  All those kids look like studs when there is that big of a disparity in talent.  A.J. McCarron once looked like a can't miss prospect.  The same goes for Jalen Hurt.  They are only challenged around four times a year.  He still has to develop for two more years.  The idea of tanking for a sophomore quarterback is nonsense.  I know you said if Cam can't stay healthy, but nonetheless you mentioned tanking and I don't ever want them to do that period.

Well this is awful. Jalen Hurts and McCarron both never looked like can't miss prospects in any form. LOL. The idea makes perfect sense, because Trevor Lawrence is that damn good. I do want to do that, if we get a talent like Trevor Lawrence. He's going to be good. REALLY good. 

16 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Well this is awful. Jalen Hurts and McCarron both never looked like can't miss prospects in any form. LOL. The idea makes perfect sense, because Trevor Lawrence is that damn good. I do want to do that, if we get a talent like Trevor Lawrence. He's going to be good. REALLY good. 

According to you they never looked like can't miss prospects.  After they both won their first national championship, everyone talked about how good they were at the time.  That kid is riding the same wave.  I seen him on Sportscenter last night.  Again, tanking is a ridiculous concept or how did you put it "just awful". 

7 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

According to you they never looked like can't miss prospects.  After they both won their first national championship, everyone talked about how good they were at the time.  That kid is riding the same wave.  I seen him on Sportscenter last night.  Again, tanking is a ridiculous concept or how did you put it "just awful". 

No one ever said that about those two. I actually watch College Football. Not one person ever said that about those two. LOL. This is awesome man. McCarron went into that OU game and got strip sacked, and picked twice, vs a pretty mediocre OU defense. 

No, Trevor Lawrence is projected to be the number 1 pick for next years class and he can't come out until the year after. He's going to a stud. Was rated as the best QB to come out in over 10 years. He's going to be a beast. 

18 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

No one ever said that about those two. I actually watch College Football. Not one person ever said that about those two. LOL. This is awesome man. McCarron went into that OU game and got strip sacked, and picked twice, vs a pretty mediocre OU defense. 

No, Trevor Lawrence is projected to be the number 1 pick for next years class and he can't come out until the year after. He's going to a stud. Was rated as the best QB to come out in over 10 years. He's going to be a beast. 

Watch college football too.  I actually played as well.  Do you even remember the championship game from last year?  Several of the catches were high, behind, and into coverage.  Again, the superior athletes made plays.  Do you forget the other players on his team?  I watched the game last night.  He made some good throws, lots of dump offs, and had some misses.  The kid looks good, but he is a sophomore and you need to get off of his d*ck.  And again for the cheap seats, tanking is for losers and only loser a** fans want to be garbage while waiting for an amateur player to become a professional.

Archived