• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eh, I think the defense has looked pretty damn good

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, ellis said:

Yes, 76 really didn’t do much of a good job there. Also credit 26 for coming in at a good angle and with a nice burst. 

Bradberry and Jackson are going to have a great year I think. The less we hear their names on the broadcast the better they’re going to be doing. 

Its like last year, Bradberry’s name almost never came up, because offense’s just flat out refused to throw towards him. 

3 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

There was literally one MLB you could say had a better season than Luke last year and that was Wagner, who has been the 1 and 1A MLB in the league with Luke for the last 5 years. What are you talking about?

i also am not understanding the bitching about Eric Reid. His mancrush on Kaepernick is getting old but after watching the condensed game on game pass last night I saw a guy that was flying all over the field. Some of the penalties are dumb but it comes with being an enforcer at safety. We all loved the attitude Mike Mitchell had in 2013 and he had just as many stupid excessive penalties as Reid and no one had any issues. Sometimes a 15 yard penalty isnt so bad if it makes a receiver hesitant to go over the middle

I’m talking about when Luke was an all pro and when he wasn’t . He got pushed around a lot last year and over ran plays last year did you not pay attention to run defense last year . Luke use to be automatically number one mlb now Bobby is head and shoulder number one . Luke bad is still a good mlb i just have huge expectation for him cause I’ve seen him be great it’s just not the same . That’s. What I’m talking about 

8 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

I’m talking about when Luke was an all pro and when he wasn’t . He got pushed around a lot last year and over ran plays last year did you not pay attention to run defense last year . Luke use to be automatically number one mlb now Bobby is head and shoulder number one . Luke bad is still a good mlb i just have huge expectation for him cause I’ve seen him be great it’s just not the same . That’s. What I’m talking about 

I’m not sure a 3-4 will make him better either

1 hour ago, ellis said:

Yes, 76 really didn’t do much of a good job there. Also credit 26 for coming in at a good angle and with a nice burst. 

It looked pretty hard to get hands on him being Action was moving not just waiting for the play to come to him he was a moving target a fast one at that.

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

He got lucky that OL(76?) overshot him though that would have been an easy first down(Edit: missed Shaq he would have gotten him if Jackson didn’t.) if he missed or that OL actually was in the proper space.

Lucky? Rewatch several times and you’ll see Action shake 76 with ease pure ease being one of fastest in the league.

I think at this point the defense is well ahead of the offense. That said, I think we're still on trouble on that side of the ball. I need to see more. Right now my confidence level on both sides is tsnk8ng again. Yeah, just preseason, but I see more excuse making and more just realizing we have problems. Always seems to take Ron a while to realize that there is a problem, even longer to admit there is one, and then even longer before he's forced to... and I mean forced to by outside pressures (losing his job). 

My faith is and has been weak in his initiative and desire to do whatever it takes to win. Make a plan....stick to the plan....thats a plan for failure. observe, plan, implement, observe, adapt... all this has to be done quickly. 

3 hours ago, ellis said:

I watched this play a bunch and what I don't understand the most is how this even got off. Addison should have stay after Brady and don't understand stand why he took the angle to go after rb that would be going to other side. He takes the straight angle to Brady ur getting a sack, fumble, incomplete or maybe int. This defense is definitely not ready for the regular season. I'm sorry if u think so, you're sadly mistaken.

Archived