• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eh, I think the defense has looked pretty damn good

Jeremy Igo

I bet they didn't show anything on purpose but wanted guys to play better straight up one on one. I would bet you Washington is calling some games now to get practice (being coached up) but RR takes over game 1. That would also keep any tendencies RR has secret until the season. 

Another reason RR probably liked vets over rookies is they catch on faster to the schemes. This will take a little time so let's hope we squeak by the Rams to get to the Bucs and Cards so our defense can get in a rhythm. Even though I am encourage with the new defense I had a feeling it would take a little time to gel.

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

Belicheck doesn’t go into anything without winning as the object... backups or no backups.

thats the culture difference. You fight like you practice... 

Exactly. The panthers dont have the leeway to approach everything lackadaisical, for a team that likes to win UGLY it damn sure shouldnt be the norm. It honestly pisses me off everytime i think about, i mean this is not dallas with sketchy dak Prescott we are playing week 1. This is the best team in the NFC last year. Reality is gonna come hard and fast.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I think they could have if they really planned for it. 

So Patriots didn't game plan either, and whip our oline's ass. Just imagine what Can will go though this year with defenses game planning for us. Boy I don't know if he can make it through Rams.

9 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

So Patriots didn't game plan either, and whip our oline's ass. Just imagine what Can will go though this year with defenses game planning for us. Boy I don't know if he can make it through Rams.

The patriots did gameplan. It’s why you saw all those blitzes.

we however just looked like we were going through the motions. Vanilla playcalling. This was the first game for our true starters. I 100% blame Ron for this. He should’ve known BB does not fug around.

1 hour ago, ellis said:

They did give up 17 first half points at home to Buffalo. 

That was without Luke or Shaq. It was easy to see they were throwing to wide open guys over the middle. Something that won't happen as easy with our starters. The 3-4 goes as the linebackers go.

Just now, TheRumGone said:

The patriots did gameplan. It’s why you saw all those blitzes.

we however just looked like we were going through the motions. Vanilla playcalling. This was the first game for our true starters. I 100% blame Ron for this. He should’ve known BB does not fug around.

All of the starters played together for the first time on Thursday. Before you can game plan pressure you have to see how they do in their one on one matchups.  Did you really expect the defense to be great automatically playing a new scheme. Belicheck is not installing a new scheme. So Bill won the preseason. In two weeks we all start 0-0.

2 hours ago, JARROD said:

Belicheck doesn’t go into anything without winning as the object... backups or no backups.

thats the culture difference. You fight like you practice... 

Belicheck's record of wins and losses in preseason is decent, but not signicantly better than Ron's.  56% vs 53% for Rivera.  And we dominated the Pats last year in preseason.  The Patriots came out flat and we beat them worse than they did us this year.

If it weren’t for holding penalties and Tom Brady working in a rookie receiver who made many mistakes running his routes, the Patriots offense would have mopped the floor with the Panthers defense. The 3-4 allows too many holes and forces some of the best players on the Panthers defense to be space eaters. 

1 hour ago, BrizzMachete said:

I want the old Luke back he looked bad last year and last game he couldn’t get off any blocks and over running the plays again 

There was literally one MLB you could say had a better season than Luke last year and that was Wagner, who has been the 1 and 1A MLB in the league with Luke for the last 5 years. What are you talking about?

i also am not understanding the bitching about Eric Reid. His mancrush on Kaepernick is getting old but after watching the condensed game on game pass last night I saw a guy that was flying all over the field. Some of the penalties are dumb but it comes with being an enforcer at safety. We all loved the attitude Mike Mitchell had in 2013 and he had just as many stupid excessive penalties as Reid and no one had any issues. Sometimes a 15 yard penalty isnt so bad if it makes a receiver hesitant to go over the middle

Archived