• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Man o' Manhertz...

Jeremy Igo

14 hours ago, Darvinsun said:

Snap count bull. Playaction but slow to react TE. I have never cared much for Manhertz and agree is to what others say I don't know what the coaching staff sees. Part reason we loss in Superbowl him, tolbert, remmers, and fozzy half blocking. He should have been gone when tolbert left. Holding on to vets that yes know the plays but cant perform the plays.

He wasn't on our team until 2016.

Yeah I remember having a big sigh of relief when Van Noy went midsection on Cam. That could have been way way worse.

Honestly, why does this constantly seem to happen? I don't think I've ever seen such a clean rush on a player like Brady but it seems to happen to Cam at least twice a game.

48 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

So your saying that's on cam and not manhertz lol please stop commenting.

It is on Manhertz, it's also on Cam. Cam couldn't handle the jailbreak blitzes they were throwing at the team. They simply sent more rushers than there were blockers. When that happens there is always one or more uncovered receivers, the QB has to find them, fast, and fire. If you win it, you probably score big. If you lose, it's a sack. Most QBs coming  off of  their break aren't up to game speed yet and Cam didn't pass the test.

The point is, those kind of  blitzes are rarely done in the preseason, kind of a gentleman's agreement between coaches to keep from getting  QBs injured. Guess what Belichick does? He goes after your weaknesses no matter when it is. He doesn't play by unwritten rules (or written ones when it suits him). And now we have an injured QB.

If you really look at the original play in question, the jailbreak blitz is obvious with seven men rushing the line and an eighth joining in quickly after the snap. Before the snap, Cam sees the situation, calls an audible and begins to drop back. His drop back is deep and he realizes the pressure has broken with Manhertz getting beat to the outside. Others were getting  beat and gaps were being shot. He starts to scan but doesn't get enough time to find his hot read. Sack.

I'm chalking it up partially to Manhertz who I don't think is really that great of a blocking TE, and to Cam who in later season form would have dropped back two steps and shot the tight gap to Manhertz's left and made a few yards. He may have also been able to catch his hot read with a fast pass. 

It's preseason, though, and the team isn't playing up to game speed yet. The Patsies came in gunning for him. They sacked him there and eventually hurt Cam in the preseason yet again. I'm sure Belichick puts that as a positive in his ledger for how the season plays out.

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

You sure don't read much.

Its obvious that when a team blitzes, there are likely going to be defenders unaccounted for by the offense's blocking scheme.

But that has nothing to do with "missed blocks".

And Manhertz's "missed block" on the man that he obviously chose to attempt to block had nothing to do with the blitz.

29 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Its obvious that when a team blitzes, there are likely going to be defenders unaccounted for by the offense's blocking scheme.

And Manhertz's "missed block" on the man that he obviously chose to attempt to block had nothing to do with the blitz.

And in that play every single defender was accounted for on the blitz. Manhertz just whiffed the block. I’m not sure what else Cam could do in that situation. 

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Actually it did matter, if Manhertz makes that block it allows a receiver to fight open and gives Cam a chance to do something. As it was that missed assignment didn't give Cam any time at all.

8 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Actually it did matter, if Manhertz makes that block it allows a receiver to fight open and gives Cam a chance to do something. As it was that missed assignment didn't give Cam any time at all.

Do you speak da Engrish?

The fact that Manherrz missed the block, as I pointed out, had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BLITZ. 

It was shitty technique and a “missed” block because he got beaten one-on-one.  Your response was to a strawman in your head and certainly not to me.

Archived