• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy is gushing over Brian Burns

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Looked real von Miller esq on that play, we have been missing a pass rusher like him for a while. Dont think you can get by with just big bull rushing D linemen anymore. 

Nice comp. I remember his film was ridiculous. Burns can be special. 

Just don’t try and fatten him up all at once. Let it happen naturally. His frame is perfect and about the time his rookie deal is up, Burns should be around 260-270. I can live with some limitations against the run as long as it doesn’t affect that agility shown above.

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Nice comp. I remember his film was ridiculous. Burns can be special. 

Just don’t try and fatten him up all at once. Let it happen naturally. His frame is perfect and about the time his rookie deal is up, Burns should be around 260-270. I can live with some limitations against the run as long as it doesn’t affect that agility shown above.

I'm not sure he needs to be that heavy. Jason Taylor was about the same height and played his entire career at 245 and ended up #7 on the all-time sack list. Burns was 249 at the combine. Von Miller plays at about that same weight. So does Khalil Mack.

I think you'd only want to get Burns up to that weight if you were trying to play his as a traditional 4-3 DE.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure he needs to be that heavy. Jason Taylor was about the same height and played his entire career at 245 and ended up #7 on the all-time sack list. Burns was 249 at the combine. Von Miller plays at about that same weight. So does Khalil Mack.

I think you'd only want to get Burns up to that weight if you were trying to play his as a traditional 4-3 DE.

With his height, it will be hard for him not to gain some naturally. But you are correct it shouldn’t be an issue. 

And he doesn’t need to ever be out in a traditional 4-3 DE. A snap here or there is fine. But that’s not using his unique ability. Agreed again. 

Archived