• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My god, what a horrible game.

Jeremy Igo

The starting defense had a couple of good pressures and was able to get a stop or two.  That and Slye are the only real positives I can take away from this other than no apparent injuries.  That ball to Samuel that Allen missed way short on was uggggly and would have been one of the highlights of the night if he had connected.

All told I think it's just the usual TC stuff where fans get super wound up and hyped about their team and get all convinced that it's miles deep with studs all up and down the depth chart.  Then when it gets tested in a (sort of) real game situation it's disappointing.

Luckily, for the season record, this game doesn't matter.

For some players, this game mattered when it comes to their employment and future as professional football players. Many played like it didn't matter at all.

Still, one takeaway might be to let Heinicke play before Allen and Grier next week. Sure, he was playing against their twos and threes, but he was also working with our twos and threes -- a group that had few non-JAGs out there.

Scarlett looked as good as any Panther out there, but the praise gets faint pretty quickly.

Just now, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Many players that played won't even be on the team come Week 1.  Because well, they aren't good.

The same could be said for the players Buffalo were trotting out.

And we are sitting here blaming the coach for bad players being bad?  How does that make sense?

Maybe because the coaches on both sides of the field were coaching with players on the field of virtually equivalent talent and one side dominated the other?  If one set of coaches is using bad players and the other set of coaches are also using bad players, shouldn't the better coaches win?

4 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Maybe because the coaches on both sides of the field were coaching with players on the field of virtually equivalent talent and one side dominated the other?  If one set of coaches is using bad players and the other set of coaches are also using bad players, shouldn't the better coaches win?

Yet one side used their starting QB, starting skill position players, and the other did not?

One side is known for having a great defense (Buffalo) and went against another side not playing most of their Offense?

Did we watch the same game?  Or are we just conveniently forgetting key details to push a narrative?

Buffalo played more of their key starters from the get go..and oh.  Look at that.  The first half is where they got everything done.

11 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

That's what they said. I had to call the Panthers ticket office yesterday for an assist with my account name, the guy I was on the phone with explained that it was all in the name of security and scalper control. I was thinking that its going to be a pain for the section security people to have to look at phones as people enter their sections.

It's really about being able to track what folks do with their tickets....and....giving the team a better chance to capture some of the revenues generated in the resale market, especially when teams like Cowboys & Steelers come to town and fans are able to get big prices for those tix.  The "security and scalper control" chatter is a line of BS.

Agreed on section security.  A person could screenshot the "ticket" (whatever that looks like) and text it to 10 different people and have them join him in the section.

If the team insists on charging people extra for a paper ticket I think they will take some heat for it publicly as the season goes on.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

The same could be said for the players Buffalo were trotting out.

But it can't be said for the Bill's because they played all of their starting lineup..

Archived