• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Buffalo Bills at Carolina Panthers game day thread

Jeremy Igo

The more I watch this game, the more I kind of really want to keep Slye and trade Gano. Something about him I like and he seems to be doing pretty well. I know some say it's easy to do it with no pressure but I'd argue that he does have the pressure that if he doesn't do well he won't play on any team.

Just now, ichigo1057 said:

The more I watch this game, the more I kind of really want to keep Slye and trade Gano. Something about him I like and he seems to be doing pretty well. I know some say it's easy to do it with no pressure but I'd argue that he does have the pressure that if he doesn't do well he won't play on any team.

source.gif

(P.S. "Trading" Gano is a comforting pipe-dream because nobody will "trade" for a kicker.  Especially one as inconsistent as Gano.)

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Player commentary means nothing to me.

"poo happens" commentary from coaches?  Yeah, that's when you should start feeling uncomfortable.

Player mindsets generally echo that of the staff. We sure seemed fat and happy with our preseason work coming into tonight. I hope that attitude shifts dramatically tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Which also applies to the players on the other side of the ball.

In fairness.

For sure... the guys they got who are getting cut certainly outperformed our guys.  

Sucked to watch... but really is meaningless in 2 weeks.

Not trying to downplay this beating... it sure was eye-opening in terms of how good I thought the depth was on this team in some areas... 

But other than wasting 3 hours watching, I don't think it means anything in terms of what to expect of this team (if everyone stays healthy)

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Player mindsets generally echo that of the staff.

Yes.

So we were pretty much agreeing.  :cheers:

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

For sure... the guys they got who are getting cut certainly outperformed our guys.  

What it does mean is an equal method of judgement between two coaching staffs utilizing equivalent talent.

8 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

(P.S. "Trading" Gano is a comforting pipe-dream because nobody will "trade" for a kicker.  Especially one as inconsistent as Gano.)

True, but hey, one can still hope. I mean who knows, maybe a needy team would be willing to give a late round pick for a shot lol.

Archived