• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Buffalo Bills at Carolina Panthers game day thread

Jeremy Igo

I'm disappointed in the overall effort for sure, but the only thing that's relevant for the regular season is that the backup QB situation seems no better than it did before the draft... that is not good less than a month from the season starting...

Glad to see somebody showing some emotion. Good Ol' Greg. As for the kicker, I'd just about be tempted to see if I could trade Gano and go with the younger (and cheaper) guy since he has looked pretty good so far. Even his miss wasn't that far off from being in.

Yea, we should be able to save some good cap space getting rid of Gano.  It’s just preseason and no real pressure on Slye yet, but he has a cool name and has been kicking pretty well.  Gano is average at best, but he’s lost more games than he’s won for us so it’s time to get younger there. 

On another note, holy hell our QBs were awful this game.  And it wasn’t just the Bills D playing well, they were just throwing terrible balls.  Except that early deep Grier pass, Robinson quit on the route. The pass was good. 

Just now, Seltzer said:

I'm disappointed in the overall effort for sure, but the only thing that's relevant for the regular season is that the backup QB situation seems no better than it did before the draft... that is not good less than a month from the season starting...

I'd say the backup LB depth looking nonexistent is relevant. Smith nor Carter looked like NFL caliber players in that first half. They were a BIG part of why our D was getting gashed.

Archived