• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smith sounds unhappy about Jake starting

Sam Mills Fan

GET A BRAIN, IDIOT.

"AVERAGE" age doesn't mean poo when talking about the biggest so-called "NAMES" on your team.

Smith, Delhomme, Muhammad, Julius Peppers are ANCIENT in Football years.

It's over for that group.

Pep is 29. Most of the best DEs in the league are guys around that age.

Moose should retire after this season. Jake should be a backup/lockerrroom guy. Smith is stil solid.

GET A BRAIN, IDIOT.

"AVERAGE" age doesn't mean poo when talking about the biggest so-called "NAMES" on your team.

Smith, Delhomme, Muhammad, Julius Peppers are ANCIENT in Football years.

It's over for that group.

Keep backpedaling.

What are the ages of our other DEs?

What's the avg age of our OLine?

What's the avg age of our RB tandem?

What about LB?

What about CB?

But none of those are important, just Smith, Moose, Pep and Delhomme.

Look stuff up before spewing it on a message board and making yourself look like a dipshit.

Considering the fact that I've said a thousand times that YOU CAN RUN JAKE OUT OF TOWN AS LONG AS FOX AND JEFF DAVIDSON GO WITH HIM because anyone who thinks that ONLY JAKE is the problem is a fool, I would bet that you don't have a clue.

And Matt "PENCIL STICK LEGS" Moore is not the answer.

Put him in there and watch his next injury be to one of his stick legs.

I still dont see a Fox diss. Still haven't said one... just proves my point

Considering the fact that I've said a thousand times that YOU CAN RUN JAKE OUT OF TOWN AS LONG AS FOX AND JEFF DAVIDSON GO WITH HIM because anyone who thinks that ONLY JAKE is the problem is a fool, I would bet that you don't have a clue.

And Matt "PENCIL STICK LEGS" Moore is not the answer.

Put him in there and watch his next injury be to one of his stick legs.

I hated it when Davidson made Jake overthrow Barnidge by 10 feet. What a noob OC!

Then, when he made the call for Delhomme to throw it high and waaay outside to Smith, I just had to shake my head.

Smitty is pissed for obvious reasons. Coaches sticking w/ Jake is one of those obvious reasons. I don't think Smitty cares who takes snaps.....as long as it is not Jake at the moment. Jake is clearly a problem. You gotta address your biggest problems first. Smith also doesn't want to have Jake continue to start...and coaches not do squat about it...b/c he knows he will end up being the offensive version of Beason. Coaches wouldn't call Pep like it was...Beason did. Eventually, if Fox doesn't do his job...Smith eventually will.

I doubt Smitty is stupid enough to believe that any quarterback other than Jake would be the answer especially after 2007 when he found 3 of them who didn't get the ball to him consistently. And what has Smitty said to give any indication that he doesn't want Jake to start or that he wants Moore instead. I am not saying he doesn't, since I have no information one way or the other. And neither do you. That is the point. Instead of taking a comment and making mountains out of it, lets see what he says or what happens. It won't be long before Smitty will say what he thinks. He always does.

I hated it when Davidson made Jake overthrow Barnidge by 10 feet. What a noob OC!

Then, when he made the call for Delhomme to throw it high and waaay outside to Smith, I just had to shake my head.

That wasn't Davidson - that was Fox! Thats why you get rid of all three of them!

I doubt Smitty is stupid enough to believe that any quarterback other than Jake would be the answer especially after 2007 when he found 3 of them who didn't get the ball to him consistently. And what has Smitty said to give any indication that he doesn't want Jake to start or that he wants Moore instead. I am not saying he doesn't, since I have no information one way or the other. And neither do you. That is the point. Instead of taking a comment and making mountains out of it, lets see what he says or what happens. It won't be long before Smitty will say what he thinks. He always does.

No one is talking about a long term answer. Jake this year...is worse than what Carr and Vinny brought in 07. Smitty isn't living in the past and making suggestions that prior versions of Jake apply to the man today(like you just did). Stupid is thinking Jake Delhomme is the best answer to lead this team today. What Jake did in 03 or 07 means nothing. He is a very different QB today. A very average or slightly below average QB playing would be an improvement over Jake Delhomme.

Smitty is smart enough to realize his good buddy is a walking timebomb who is sabotaging the team's ability to compete. We all have followed Smitty long enough....and if Smitty is asked a questions about Jake and doesn't defend him....his silience speaks volumes....unless you simply want to be in denial.

also, in the 3 games Moore started Smitty averaged 7 rec and 85 yards a game. He got Smitty involved well enough for only working with him for 3 weeks.

No one is talking about a long term answer. Jake this year...is worse than what Carr and Vinny brought in 07. Smitty isn't living in the past and making suggestions that prior versions of Jake apply to the man today(like you just did). Stupid is thinking Jake Delhomme is the best answer to lead this team today. What Jake did in 03 or 07 means nothing. He is a very different QB today. A very average or slightly below average QB playing would be an improvement over Jake Delhomme.

Smitty is smart enough to realize his good buddy is a walking timebomb who is sabotaging the team's ability to compete. We all have followed Smitty long enough....and if Smitty is asked a questions about Jake and doesn't defend him....his silience speaks volumes....unless you simply want to be in denial.

also, in the 3 games Moore started Smitty averaged 7 rec and 85 yards a game. He got Smitty involved well enough for only working with him for 3 weeks.

And you know this how? Did Smitty have a conversation with you. You go on with paragraphs of insights about what he thinks and believes. I didn't know you were a reporter with access to the players. Sounds as if you have an exclusive.

And you know this how? Did Smitty have a conversation with you. You go on with paragraphs of insights about what he thinks and believes. I didn't know you were a reporter with access to the players. Sounds as if you have an exclusive.

I, like others, follow the Panthers. I have read, watched, and listened to Smitty enough to know that if he doesn't give vocal support for Jake to be the starter when asked on more than one occasion.....it means he no longer suppports it.

but if you want to wait until Smith reaches his boiling point and has to be less subtle...I understand.

I, like others, follow the Panthers. I have read, watched, and listened to Smitty enough to know that if he doesn't give vocal support for Jake to be the starter when asked on more than one occasion.....it means he no longer suppports it.

but if you want to wait until Smith reaches his boiling point and has to be less subtle...I understand.

I said at the beginning of this that folks would make mountains out of a molehill and here are 66 posts about 2 lines saying essentially nothing. Seems to be unfolding exactly as I predicted.

That wasn't Davidson - that was Fox! Thats why you get rid of all three of them!

Even in the years when Jake was playing well, I was criticizing Jeff Davidson's pathetic play calling, and John Fox's "PLAY FOR A FIELD GOAL" philosophy.

I have been consistent.

Their mismanagement of the team got you to where you are today.

Were you still calling for Jake to be replaced when he was playing well, you reactionary idiots?

I said at the beginning of this that folks would make mountains out of a molehill and here are 66 posts about 2 lines saying essentially nothing. Seems to be unfolding exactly as I predicted.

in a few weeks.....when you will given an answer that shows you were late connecting the dots or simply refuse until someone gives you a word for word quote.

like I said, it took you until the Buffalo game to decide Jake needed to be benched......if it took you that long to see that you still have blinders on. imo. We are obviously on different pages....who knows what will happen. Maybe we can reevaluate after AZ....no point repeating ourselves.

in a few weeks.....when you will given an answer that shows you were late connecting the dots or simply refuse until someone gives you a word for word quote.

like I said, it took you until the Buffalo game to decide Jake needed to be benched......if it took you that long to see that you still have blinders on. imo. We are obviously on different pages....who knows what will happen. Maybe we can reevaluate after AZ....no point repeating ourselves.

It wasn't until Buffalo that he needed to be benched. Until then we were on a 2 game winning streak and while he had some picks also played well at times. I looked at Buffalo as an issue because even his easy thows were off target which isn't something he did earlier.

So when it was appropriate and the facts justfied it in my mind I made a change. The fact that you decided earlier that you wanted to bench him doesn't make you right. I prefer to give folks the benefit of the doubt and make decisions when the facts justify it. You should only hope that you have a boss like me that doesn't jump the gun or make assumptions without all the facts and gives you the benefit of the doubt.

Archived