• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smith sounds unhappy about Jake starting

Sam Mills Fan

Contrast what Smitty said with what D Will said today about Jake:

"My confidence has always been in Jake and will continue to stay in Jake."

Notice the contrast?

Smitty is pissed off about several things and is surely not happy with jake's play or his role on the team. Still my point was that he is much more likely to keep his opinion to himself given that either way he goes will come back to bite him in the butt.

Smitty is pissed off about several things and is surely not happy with jake's play or his role on the team. Still my point was that he is much more likely to keep his opinion to himself given that either way he goes will come back to bite him in the butt.

Smitty would have no problem sticking up for Jake if he thought he could get the job done....you are simply dismissing how good of friends they actually are. Smith speaking a company line and not getting involved says that Jake is done. Taking up for Jake wouldn't bite him in the butt as long as he believed in his friend.

Contrast what Smitty said with what D Will said today about Jake:

"My confidence has always been in Jake and will continue to stay in Jake."

Notice the contrast?

Or even better one...

On the sidelines after Jake's 5th int, Smith tells him "You threw 5 interceptions, but you are still my guy" *pats on shoulder pads*. Compare that to this.

Smitty would have no problem sticking up for Jake if he thought he could get the job done....you are simply dismissing how good of friends they actually are. Smith speaking a company line and not getting involved says that Jake is done. Taking up for Jake wouldn't bite him in the butt as long as he believed in his friend.

Exactly!!!! A person would have to be in denial to not realize that Steve Smith,although he likes Jake as a person,isn't feedup with Jake being an inept QB.

You ever taken one of those "read this passage and find the tone of this passage" type of tests?

I teach it. And it requires the author to indicate their feelings or attitude. Not simply avoid the question by toting the party line. What you are talking about inference not tone or mood.

Not true at all. Thre are many times in business situations and (football is a business) where you can have personal feelings but have to avoid revealing them positively or negatively due to how they reflect on not only that person but you as well.

Or even better one...

On the sidelines after Jake's 5th int, Smith tells him "You threw 5 interceptions, but you are still my guy" *pats on shoulder pads*. Compare that to this.

That was well before he has his hissy fit about not getting the ball against Tampa. Smitty is pissed about a lot of things and clearly is unhappy about many things. It isn't clear that starting jake is a problem unless he believes Moore is a better option. For that to be the case I would wait to hear him or anybody say it. So far I have heard nothing from anyone.

Exactly!!!! A person would have to be in denial to not realize that Steve Smith,although he likes Jake as a person,isn't feedup with Jake being an inept QB.

Who isn't pissed at jake's play. Still that doesn't say that people believe moore is the answer or better. And that is at the heart of this discussion. Is Smitty pissed that Jake is still the starter or is just pissed about a lot of things. I think it is the latter.

Archived