• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smith sounds unhappy about Jake starting

Sam Mills Fan

I love how folks on here take one non definitive statement and try and extropolate their own feelings here. All Smith said was that it wasn't his decision and he would go along with whatever was decided.

That was it. All the unhappy stuff is being manufactured. Smith is smart enough not to go either way. If he says he is happy then if Jake gets pulled it starts another storm. If he says he is unhappy, then there is a storm about the rift between he and Jake. So he takes the diplomatic route and doesn't go one way or the other.

Anything else is in your imagination at least until he clarifies one way or the other.

point was Smitty is no longer being vocal of his support for his good friend to remain QB....he has changed his tune that is is a business decision and will go along w/ whatever is done.

that suggests Smitty no longer feels Jake is the best starter for this team currently.

I love how folks on here take one non definitive statement and try and extropolate their own feelings here. All Smith said was that it wasn't his decision and he would go along with whatever was decided.

That was it. All the unhappy stuff is being manufactured. Smith is smart enough not to go either way. If he says he is happy then if Jake gets pulled it starts another storm. If he says he is unhappy, then there is a storm about the rift between he and Jake. So he takes the diplomatic route and doesn't go one way or the other.

Anything else is in your imagination at least until he clarifies one way or the other.

Not really.

Every other year Smith would have given Jake a glowing endorsement and a vote of confidence, not just an "I only work here".

point was Smitty is no longer being vocal of his support for his good friend to remain QB....he has changed his tune that is is a business decision and will go along w/ whatever is done.

that suggests Smitty no longer feels Jake is the best starter for this team currently.

It doesn't suggest anything, he could very well be just avoiding controversy knowing that this situation will change if Jake has another poor game.

I think loosing the team will depend on what happens this weekend in Arizona, it's starting to unravel for fox and Co. If jake blows up, then Fox is out just because it will become apparent that he has lost the team.

yes, it does depend on what occurs Sunday. I already have applied what we know will happen...Jake will make it impossible to win.

Long flight out to AZ when a team knows what is going to occur....long flight back after you just experienced what could have possibly been avoided. This game will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Whenever 89 breaks out the "I just work here" line that means that he's unhappy. You can take that to the bank. It's how he says he's unhappy without saying "I'm unhappy".

Yeah, usually it's like "I just splode here". In which case he's not sayin' anything, he's just doin'.

It doesn't suggest anything, he could very well be just avoiding controversy knowing that this situation will change if Jake has another poor game.

based on Smith's history w/ Jake...it does suggest it. Based on Smith's recent comments it does suggest it.

It took you until the Buffalo game to see what Jake was doing to the team.....I don't expect you to see this one either until Smith becomes even more vocal (if Fox won't make the move).

Whenever 89 breaks out the "I just work here" line that means that he's unhappy. You can take that to the bank. It's how he says he's unhappy without saying "I'm unhappy".

Or it means that he doesn't want to get in the middle of a controversy. Y

Not really.

Every other year Smith would have given Jake a glowing endorsement and a vote of confidence, not just an "I only work here".

He has endorsed Jake glowingly in the past and is likely much more lukewarm now. I am only saying that he is trying to avoid controversy at this point since whatever he says good or bad will likely be used against him in the future. I wouldn't say he doesn't support Jake either just that he would be foolish to go out on a limb knowing this could be jake's last start if he screws it up.

based on Smith's history w/ Jake...it does suggest it. Based on Smith's recent comments it does suggest it.

It took you until the Buffalo game to see what Jake was doing to the team.....I don't expect you to see this one either until Smith becomes even more vocal (if Fox won't make the move).

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying that folks are putting words in his mouth. Smitty is probably unhappy about several things including the fact that jake is spreading the ball a lot more and not looking to him exclusively. Doesn't mean he wants Moore either.

As for waiting for more vocal comments or when things are clear, yeah I am guilty as charged. I like to hear it from a person rather than go on rumors or speculation or put words in their mouth. I know I don't like when people say I said something that I didn't or make a mountain out of a molehill. So I treat others the way I want to be treated. A fatal flaw.

Archived