• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In which Tepper could not be more different than Richardson

Jeremy Igo

Like I said before, Tepper is the best thing to ever happen to the Panthers. He makes himself available to the fans AND the media, he interacts with the players and coaches, he’s giving the team what it needs to be competitive.

and maybe most importantly, he doesn’t give 2 f’s about what anyone thinks if he decides to sign someone like Reid.

Another case of the grass is always greener. I'm sure Richardson was utterly clueless about his team and could really have cared less.  Typical with today's crowd, revisionist history based what their biases are.  Again, the hate for Richardson runs very deep on this board and it's not remotely watered down.  The man had his flaws, but the chance for a pot shot is never missed when the opportunity presents itself.  If some of you have a  man-crush on Tepper, GREAT, but consistently trolling Richardson as means of comparison is getting tiresome.

Tepper will almost assuredly make some mistake in his personal/professional life while the owner of this team or at the very least, make an extremely unpopular move with the fan base.  I just wonder if the vitriol and utter contempt will be the same?  It's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Another case of the grass is always greener. I'm sure Richardson was utterly clueless about his team and could really have cared less.  Typical with today's crowd, revisionist history based what their biases are.  Again, the hate for Richardson runs very deep on this board and it's not remotely watered down.  The man had his flaws, but the chance for a pot shot is never missed when the opportunity presents itself.  If some of you have a  man-crush on Tepper, GREAT, but consistently trolling Richardson as means of comparison is getting tiresome.

Tepper will almost assuredly make some mistake in his personal/professional life while the owner of this team or at the very least, make an extremely unpopular move with the fan base.  I just wonder if the vitriol and utter contempt will be the same?  It's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.

You are no fan of the Panthers with that pessimism and no optimism showing he will be the best owner this organization has for years to come.

I like him so far but if it doesn't start showing up in the playoff and SB win category I could care less. Obviously it’s only been a year and he deserves much more time than that, but we could still find ourselves without a championship 10-20 years from now and be in the same spot we were with JR. And under JR we at least got there twice, that’s better than many other teams in this league since we’ve been in it. I’m certainly happy so far but let’s slow our roll on him being such an amazing owner, we won’t have any idea until the results show it.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I don't think Richardson could have named anyone outside of the popular starters on the team. Tepper on the other hand sounds like a very informed fan talking 

But I'll bet JR knew the full names of all his hot female employees.

I really like Tepper and think he can get us to where we want to go, but the crap thrown at Richardson is bullshit. There wouldn't be a Carolina franchise without him. We went to two SB under him. And most of you would really hate to see your speech and actions exposed for all to see. He was a flawed man: so are all of us. Get over it.

Archived