• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Gaulden and the Peanut Punch

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, trucpfan said:

The thing about Gaulden is that’s why we drafted him he’s a player a play making dog with good nb coverage and a turnover waiting to happen from punches to rips to picks he just tested like one of the huddlers behind the keyboard but when you pop on his tape it’s like he’s the best player on the field at Tenn last night looked like that tape I’ve seen of him at Tenn.

That's the thing about Gaulden. He has good instincts and is always around the ball. His coverage on that long ball was spot on. He didn't look back and lost the ball but followed the receiver and got an arm on the ball. He isn't blazing or athletic but he is sound and surely good depth so there isn't such a drop off when the starters get a rest. I am looking  forward to what he does the rest of the preseason.

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Too bad we didn't recover that fumble..

Yeah, it really affected the outcome of the preseason game that doesn't matter ;)

Seriously, though. Loose balls are a crap shoot. The objective is just to put them on the deck and give yourself a chance to get a turnover. I don't care that a Bear got there first this time. I'm excited that the Panthers DBs are gonna be making balls drop like puberty.

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

Yeah, it really affected the outcome of the preseason game that doesn't matter ;)

Seriously, though. Loose balls are a crap shoot. The objective is just to put them on the deck and give yourself a chance to get a turnover. I don't care that a Bear got there first this time. I'm excited that the Panthers DBs are gonna be making balls drop like puberty.

My point is, it would have been nice to actually get experience in RECOVERING fumbles in order to make them TURNOVERS. Never did I say that was a make a break recovery. But please, keep talking. I hope in the regular season something like this happens again so you can come back with a nice witty remark to up your pie count. 

9 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Too bad we didn't recover that fumble..

We nearly had two takeaways last night. 

The other being when Gaulden (I think it was Gaulden) nearly caused a QB fumble and a scoop and score ( but it was ruled an incomplete pass)

Very exciting to see more plays on the ball!

5 hours ago, Udogg said:

I thought we hated Gaulden around here?  Just 6 days ago he was wasted draft pick,  3 days ago he was ok and may be serviceable,  today we are excited to see him? 

Lots of fans here, so I imagine the ones that don't like him are being quiet, while the ones that do are talking him up.  The next time he makes a bad play, the reverse will happen.  

The reality is that it is to early to make a call on him one way or the other.  IMO, it usually takes a couple of seasons to determine if a pick is not worth it.  There are exceptions to that of course.

Archived