• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Gaulden and the Peanut Punch

Jeremy Igo

Can I just say how impressive the Peanut Punch is in general? People might not appreciate how difficult that is when you see it in slow-mo. But that's a moving target, about the size of a grapefruit, wrapped up in the arms of a 200+ pound guy who's bearing down on you. Not to mention you can't throw a straight punch, but rather you gotta kinda squat and throw a semi-sorta-kidney-shot-upper-cut to get under his shoulder pads and above his forearm. And then not just find the target, but land that punch on a round object with enough force to knock it free.  That's something not many UFC fighters could do.

And to see it executed that perfectly, it makes me swell up a bit. Ain't lyin. That changed my way of thinking about Gaulden. He's been meh all training camp, but if that's how he plays in an actual game situation, that's a guy I'd like to see on the field more.

The thing about Gaulden is that’s why we drafted him he’s a player a play making dog with good nb coverage and a turnover waiting to happen from punches to rips to picks he just tested like one of the huddlers behind the keyboard but when you pop on his tape it’s like he’s the best player on the field at Tenn last night looked like that tape I’ve seen of him at Tenn.

Archived