• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears - Winners and Losers

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, mjligon said:

It’s a shame he’s on a team that is too obsessed with average joe graham gano to make a move at kicker

He isn’t an average joe kicker.  He just isn’t some elite rare kicker 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I feel ready to declare Butler the worst first round pick in Panther history.  

*excluding the murderer as his off field actions are what give him that award 

I rate him just a touch below Jason Peter, so yeah. Peter saw the field out of need. Butler was a luxury pick whose potential was highest when he was on the sideline. 

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

On field goals he was. He was fourth-most inaccurate on extra points. Gano will make the 56-yarder in the second quarter. It’s the fourth-quarter extra points that can be problematic. 

Last year, Gano had the opportunity to score 104 points, he scored 94, which means he left a total of 10 points "on the field" so to speak.  There were only five guys in the league last year who left fewer points on the field.  There were nine guys who left 22 or more points on the field, and 23 guys who left more points on the field.

Yes, it sucks that he missed some kicks.  Cut him, fine.  Watch how fast someone else signs him.  The point is that the guy is not an "average" kicker.  He's a good kicker who missed some kicks.  There's a ton of teams out there who can tell how much it sucks when you really do have an average (or less) kicker.

Just now, BrianS said:

Last year, Gano had the opportunity to score 104 points, he scored 94, which means he left a total of 10 points "on the field" so to speak.  There were only five guys in the league last year who left fewer points on the field.  There were nine guys who left 22 or more points on the field, and 23 guys who left more points on the field.

Yes, it sucks that he missed some kicks.  Cut him, fine.  Watch how fast someone else signs him.  The point is that the guy is not an "average" kicker.  He's a good kicker who missed some kicks.  There's a ton of teams out there who can tell how much it sucks when you really do have an average (or less) kicker.

He’s slightly above average with impressive range and rampant inconsistency in the clutch. 

Godwin and Holyfield looked faster than I expected. Bonafan looked okay also. Cap should be on the hotseat imo.

I think Manheartz got open for a td but Allen overthrew him.

Was that little at left tackle to start the game? Dude look off balance and borderline lost.

Archived