• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears - Winners and Losers

Jeremy Igo

Who are your biggest winners and losers from the game last night in terms of personal performance?

Here be mine ...

WINNERS

Brian Burns and Marquise Haynes - Good lord these guys on third downs this season will be beast. So much fuggin speed out there.

Terry Godwin - HAS to be the favorite for the 6th WR spot now. Looked great as a returner, and solid as a receiver.

Will Grier - Yeah, some of y'all are down on him. But he took the rusty start in his first NFL game like a man and put together solid drives after. Thats a win.

Holyfield - Same thing. Took the nerves like a man and then put together a good game. I like seeing that in the rooks.

Losers

Vernon Butler - When a former 1st round pick gets owned by backups all night its not a great look. I don't think he makes the team.

Rashad Ross - Muffed a punt. Can't do that when Godwin is out there looking legit.

7 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Slye was a winner last night.  Nailed the 55 yard fg with no problem.  If he continues to kick well, it could get him looks with other teams if we don't keep him.

It’s a shame he’s on a team that is too obsessed with average joe graham gano to make a move at kicker

i lost because i had to hear mick mixon talk about ron's ample chest again and puked in my mouth a little.  there was another time he said something about inches - and it didn't go south, but the anticipation of the homoerotic comments that were to come cringed me so hard

I’m actually doing a write up on the game right now. I don’t have a winners and losers piece, but I don’t disagree with much of your list. 

I would put #3 in the “meh” category. He did what he had to do after the interception to settle himself down and take what the defense gave him. He does toss a lot of check downs. That’s good and bad, probably more good in your first game.

There’s some pretty damn good depth at punt returner. Godwin obviously has the skills. I doubt he misses the cut on this team. Mickens has big game experience from Jacksonville doing this, and didn’t look too bad last night. 83 Damion Jeanpiere, a guy I’ve liked at camp, one back for 20 yards, but it was negated by a flag that had no impact on his return. I still give him credit from a scouting perspective for a very above average return.

That was a dominant special teams performance. The rookie made all the field goals and extra points. Palardy was solid again.

Carolina out-gained Chicago in PR yardage: 131 to -3. It doesn’t get much better than that. 

2 minutes ago, mjligon said:

It’s a shame he’s on a team that is too obsessed with average joe graham gano to make a move at kicker

*sigh*

If by "average joe" you mean the sixth most accurate kicker in the league last year, you're exactly right.  Yea, the guy missed two FG's last year.

image.png.92bff9d7f6a7f212db03b7a49f771901.png

6 minutes ago, raz said:

i lost because i had to hear mick mixon talk about ron's ample chest again and puked in my mouth a little.  there was another time he said something about inches - and it didn't go south, but the anticipation of the homoerotic comments that were to come cringed me so hard

Said Heinicke was packing

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

*sigh*

If by "average joe" you mean the sixth most accurate kicker in the league last year, you're exactly right.  Yea, the guy missed two FG's last year.

On field goals he was. He was fourth-most inaccurate on extra points. Gano will make the 56-yarder in the second quarter. It’s the fourth-quarter extra points that can be problematic. 

5 minutes ago, BrianS said:

*sigh*

2 field goals.....and 4 extra points.

Archived