• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

There’s absolutely no reason to keep Butler other than being stubborn about not wasting a draft pick. He doesn’t seem too sharp at nose tackle, he’s definitely a misfit at five technique. 

Nobody is trading for Butler. If they do, bless their little hearts. 

10 hours ago, thefuzz said:

You are wrong.

It cost the Panthes two (2) 1st round draft picks, a 2nd round draft pick, and a 4th round draft pick to acquire Jeff Otah.

#19: Philadelphia → Carolina (D). Philadelphia traded its first-round selection to Carolina for Carolina's second- and fourth-round selections in 2008 (No. 43 and 109), and Carolina's first-round pick in 2009.

We got a 2nd 1st rounder in 2008, in exchange for our 2008 2nd rounder, and 2008 4th rounder.....as well as gave Philly our 2019 1st rounder.

Draft capitol spent on Jeff Otah:  Two (2) 1st round draft choices, a 2nd, and a 4th.

He started 29 total games for us (less than 2 full seasons).  

IT absolutely did NOT cost the Panthers two (2) 1st round draft picks, a 2nd round draft pick, and a 4th round draft pick to acquire Jeff Otah. 

We had already spent a first round pick on Stewart. We didn't have another in 2008 and only 1 in 2009. Your logic implies we pulled another out on the air. We packaged a 5 and 5 singles to buy a 12 pack (that turned out to be stale). We did not pay 20 bucks for the 12 pack.

Ron White said it best.

Every time I see number 92 not making plays on the line, it suddenly flashes back to my brain...Dave snagged him in the first. 

He did tip a Grier pass yesterday. I feel for the guy man. He’s a misfit in this defense, and he doesn’t strike me as a bad dude. But 92 isn’t very good. 

1 hour ago, ellis said:

Every time I see number 92 not making plays on the line, it suddenly flashes back to my brain...Dave snagged him in the first. 

He did tip a Grier pass yesterday. I feel for the guy man. He’s a misfit in this defense, and he doesn’t strike me as a bad dude. But 92 isn’t very good. 

yeah sucks he couldn't at least be serviceable.. he gets pushed around way too easily and maybe once in a  blue moon he will make a decent play.. hope he can turn it around this year.

Archived