• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Funchess was a pick I always had issue with. I liked the KB pick. I just felt that once we had KB, Funchess was too redundant. You have to pair big and relatively slow with speed. It's a time proven concept. When you don't have a field stretcher it makes the job of the defense a lot easier and you start seeing those DBs creeping up making the running game tougher and those short to intermediate passing windows tighter.

We all bought in to the big guys let you compete mantra but it was a little too simplistic 

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Right and he was selected with what pick?

edit: that makes it even worse...I forgot about the other 2 picks.  JFC what a turd!

You trolling or something?  We drafted Jonathan Stewart in the 1st round, then we moved back into the 1st using our 2nd and 4th, plus a 1st in the next year's draft.

1st + 2nd + 4th = duhzz.

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You trolling or something?  We drafted Jonathan Stewart in the 1st round, then we moved back into the 1st using our 2nd and 4th, plus a 1st in the next year's draft.

1st + 2nd + 4th = duhzz.

No, we selected Jeff Otah in the first round with what is known as a draft pick.

Thats 1.

To obtain the 1st round pick in which we drafted Otah, we traded a 2nd a 4th AND next years 1st.

Thats 2.

2008 1st

2009 1st

20 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Maybe I misheard, but I thought I heard the announcing team say that Butler performed well last night, or maybe he performed well in camp.  Can't remember which it was.  

"Performing well" for Butler at this point is simply not getting cut. I don't think he's at all a lock to make this roster.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Really is time to let go and let the bills have him.

If he ends up on the outside looking in for a roster spot, I fully expect both of those organizations to get a phone call about possible trade interest before we outright release him. Both are in the top 10 on the waiver wire, but both might be concerned about the other making a move on him (assuming that either would potentially be interested to begin with).

6 hours ago, CRA said:

He was dominant when on the field.  Talent wasn’t the issue with Otah.  A straight up monster in the run game.

I still think about what could’ve been... Imagine a healthy, prime Otah at RT opposite Gross in 13 instead of Bell...

13 minutes ago, CatMan72 said:

2016 offseason was a poo show

It would have been hard to dismantle a SB team faster than Gettleman did...

Atrocious draft (outside of Bradberry), arrogantly letting Norman go for nothing, and refusing to spend money to bolster roster spots that needed addressing

31 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

No, we selected Jeff Otah in the first round with what is known as a draft pick.

Thats 1.

To obtain the 1st round pick in which we drafted Otah, we traded a 2nd a 4th AND next years 1st.

Thats 2.

2008 1st

2009 1st

I'm trying really hard to follow your logic here...

So how does the fact that we traded a 2nd and a 4th for that 1st round pick make it worse?  In either case, we simply "used 2 1sts" by your logic.  Seems like you're conflating actual draft pick usage and draft capital and you're confusing yourself and creating inconsistencies.

Archived