• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

1 year and it wasn't that good.  Remember he cost us 2 first rounders.

He was dominant when on the field.  Talent wasn’t the issue with Otah.  A straight up monster in the run game.

Just now, L-TownCat said:

Ok great.  But he wasn't was he?

Well his first two seasons simply make him a better pick than Butler.  That’s all. Because he was near pro bowl caliber in terms of play.  He was a problem for opposing defenses in terms of our run game.  Largely his rookie year. 

2.671 Guaranteed and the team has no intention no intention of extending him beyond this year. If he gets cut, he could sign with another team for minimum and it's all more money for him. Why would he over-exert himself?  6-foot-4, 321 pounds, 5.05   40,  33.5-inch vertical jump, 9-3 broad jump in his pro day. Some other team will think think he definitely has what it takes but the Panthers just couldn't turn it on.

7 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Ummmm, Kelvin Benjamin was a pretty poor pick too all things considered. Not as bad as Butler, but set us back.

KB will always be a huge "what if" to me. He had a promising rookie season then by all accounts showed up in great shape to camp the next season and looked like the best player on the field, then he tore that ACL and lost his mom. I really do think he could've been great, maybe not for his the long haul but at least for awhile, had the chips fallen a bit differently.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Well his first two seasons simply make him a better pick than Butler.  That’s all. Because he was near pro bowl caliber in terms of play.  He was a problem for opposing defenses in terms of our run game.  Largely his rookie year. 

The two seasons of play only slightly make up for the 2 first round picks we used.  It was that pick that started our tailspin.

edit:  I just realized (in my Otah rage) this puts my on the side of Butler and the pick...ewww no.  I withdraw from this witchcraft.

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

KB will always be a huge "what if" to me. He had a promising rookie season then by all accounts showed up in great shape to camp the next season and looked like the best player on the field, then he tore that ACL and lost his mom. I really do think he could've been great, maybe not for his the long haul but at least for awhile, had the chips fallen a bit differently.

I went back years ago and KB's rookie year was full of a lot of garbage time stats to be fair.     Also to be fair to KB, he's the same player he was in college, and the doubts everyone had about him (weak, doesn't use size well, etc) is what happened.    We shouldn't have made that pick but we were so enamored with tall receivers for a bit we couldn't help ourselves.    

5 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I went back years ago and KB's rookie year was full of a lot of garbage time stats to be fair.     Also to be fair to KB, he's the same player he was in college, and the doubts everyone had about him (weak, doesn't use size well, etc) is what happened.    We shouldn't have made that pick but we were so enamored with tall receivers for a bit we couldn't help ourselves.    

Benjamin’s rookie season was a total outlier dependent on garbage time stats and Cam’s Arm Cannon

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I have no idea what is wrong with Buttler. He appears to have the physical tools. He will get penetration on one play and then get abused or disappear on a handful of other plays. Is it effort or his mind?

Yes.

Archived