• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

It speaks volumes when undrafted guys like Bryan Cox, Jr. and Efe Obada, who are being asked to learn new positions, are outperforming a 1st round draft pick.

I want to see Vernon Butler succeed, but there is no evidence it's going to happen.  

I could still see him making the team just b/c of the fact we need more down lineman (and subsequently being inactive barring injury) but he is undoubtedly the biggest bust the Everette Bown/Jimmy Clausen/Armanti Edwards trifecta of misery

Aptly put.

I wanted to believe in Butler. He's flashed. But goddamn he's been a huge disappointment.

He's probably depth because he can play most anywhere on a 3-4 front but man I wish we coulda nabbed Zach Allen.

4 hours ago, Xtreme said:

This is why you don't draft players from non-P5 schools. You might get lucky every once in a while, but most of time they will end up being busts. 

Khalil Mack, Carson Wentz, Larry Ogunjobi, Cooper Kupp, Tarik Cohen and countless others would like to have a word with you. 

Jerry Rice, Darrell Green and DeMarcus Ware are some notable retired players that didn't play P5. Child please. That's a ridiculous statement to make.

Archived