• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Godwin?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Maybe we are starting to hit our groove on WRs. We went through a decade or so of bad picks at WR.

Samuel, Moore and Goodwin in the last three drafts. 

Don't forget about CMC.  Yes, he's our starting RB . . . but he could EASILY slide out into the slot and absolutely terrorize an opposing defense.

10 hours ago, Rubi said:

Smooth athlete. Fluid movement. Keep him

My first instinct to post in this thread was the exact word "fluid."

Godwin looks sneakily good to me. I'm pretty sure it was him that had one very good route that I remember without going back to look. It was a short post-corner or in-out, whatever you want to call it, but he shook the DB pretty good and made the catch.

Also, he looked the most comfortable and the most talented of anyone at handling return duties.

37 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We wouldnt save any money. It's already spent. When he converted his contract at the beginning of TC

I believe that is incorrect.  According to Spotrac his contract (T Smith) this year is not guaranteed.  It appears to be a straight $3 million savings if he gets cut.

image.png.935245799039dc4cebd89347fbaee193.png

This also shows why Vernon Butler makes the team this year.  We're paying the same amount for his services whether we keep him or not.  :(

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

I believe that is incorrect.  According to Spotrac his contract (T Smith) this year is not guaranteed.  It appears to be a straight $3 million savings if he gets cut.

image.png.935245799039dc4cebd89347fbaee193.png

This also shows why Vernon Butler makes the team this year.  We're paying the same amount for his services whether we keep him or not.  :(

That money wouldn't roll over. It would just sit unless we used it on signing another player.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

That money wouldn't roll over. It would just sit unless we used it on signing another player.

Sure, I agree, but having $3 million sitting there waiting to sign an injury replacement mid season is not a bad situation to be in.  Assuming that Godwin continues to progress and impress, I think it's not a terrible decision to give Torrey his pink slip.

Archived