• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: Superman Through The Years

ellis

Pumped up about the preseason kicking off tonight. So much to look for in terms of depth in certain positions, and the development of some of the young guys.

Just a reminder: One month from today, Cam will suit up for his first regular season game since his shoulder surgery.

And that got me thinking: this guy is already in year nine. 

So here’s a little something I put together. Nothing fancy. Just a few of my favorite moments from a truly fascinating football player. 

I hope it resonates with you guys.

2 minutes ago, ellis said:

Good feedback. The concept was the old vet jogging onto the fields of training camp, with a chronology of big plays running thru his mind. 

I see your point, tho. Good feedback. 

For that try a slow-mo close up of QB1 with a transparent montage.  That might create the desired effect.  

I wish I had my tools (Adobe...my computer...etc) for this, but I slapped this together on Luma Fusion like a sociopath while sitting for a few hours at my kids school registration extravaganza. (Good times)

9 minutes ago, ellis said:

Good feedback. The concept was the old vet jogging onto the fields of training camp, with a chronology of big plays running thru his mind. 

I see your point, tho. Good feedback. 

I could see the concept, and I like it. Just a bit frustrating to see a play you know is a touchdown fade out before the ball crosses the line....lol

6 minutes ago, ellis said:

I wish I had my tools (Adobe...my computer...etc) for this, but I slapped this together on Luma Fusion like a sociopath while sitting for a few hours at my kids school registration extravaganza. (Good times)

No need to downplay what you got here.  It's awesome.  Just adding my vid/edit eye 2 cents to the convo.  You obviously know what you're doin.

My background is in radio. I’m just getting into this video production nonsense as a hobby. It’s tedious, and fun...and my hat’s off to guys like  LilSmitty. It’s a labor of love to do this thing to the level that he does it. 

Kevin over at the RR it is damn good too. In any event, it was fun putting it together on a whim.

Still can’t believe this year 9 for Cam. For all the haters out there, this guy has produced some great moments. 

11 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

I could see the concept, and I like it. Just a bit frustrating to see a play you know is a touchdown fade out before the ball crosses the line....lol

Not to get corny here, but that was sort of a judgment call on my part artistically. Good Lord, now we’re gearing into a sad territory LOL. Sorry guys, let’s grab a cold beer and enjoy some football tonight.

16 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

No need to downplay what you got here.  It's awesome.  Just adding my vid/edit eye 2 cents to the convo.  You obviously know what you're doin.

I appreciate that. Amazingly, with kids screaming in the background and doing it all on a iPhone, I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Now if you wanna talk about quality content, here you have it. Whoever shot this video deserves an Emmy. 

B88FA16C-C794-4DF3-962B-81DB864BE553.gif.02c31eb7959b4d836b40951aad83155e.gif 

IMO Cam's just getting into his prime years as a QB, with sports science where it is now. I bet he'll play into his late 30s. IDK if he'll play as long as Brees/Brady seem to be going though.

He's had a bit of an up and down ride for the first half of his career. But in that 8 years he's: 

• Won Rookie of the Year
  • Won MVP
  • 3 Pro Bowl Nominations
  • Has won 56% of games he played (regular season)
  • Carried a young small market franchise to its best season and 2nd super bowl berth
  • Already broken the record for QB total rushing TDs , and well on his way to outstripping Cunningham and Vick as the all time leader in total QB rushing yards
  • Amassed 240 total touchdowns 
  • Got almost 30,000 passing yards and almost 5000 rushing yards, which is particularly bonkers

If he doubles his current numbers by the end of his career or wins a SB within a few more seasons he's pretty much sure fire HoFer IMO.

2 hours ago, ellis said:

Pumped up about the preseason kicking off tonight. So much to look for in terms of depth in certain positions, and the development of some of the young guys.

Just a reminder: One month from today, Cam will suit up for his first regular season game since his shoulder surgery.

And that got me thinking: this guy is already in year nine. 

So here’s a little something I put together. Nothing fancy. Just a few of my favorite moments from a truly fascinating football player. 

I hope it resonates with you guys.

I have to say that I enjoy this video. Has me pumped for his return 

Archived