• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Seltzer said:

Sit Heinicke and let Allen and Grier get more reps... He looks bad... How bad must our QB depth must have been last year when he was our sole backup.

I'm serious that I hope they cut him and give him a chance to catch on somewhere else.  Win-win

Will give our guys more reps and he want be that guy who knows he's getting cut

Bad call on our part. We had Allen on the PS.

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
PJlAwINw_bigger.jpg
Carolina already has 4 sacks (Burns 2, Haynes 2) through three quarters of one preseason game. Last year, Panthers totaled just 5 sacks in all four preseason games.

I'm excited.  It's been since 2013 when we had a truly dominant pass rush with CJ, Hardy, and Addison.

I hope this is the year

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

Sit Heinicke and let Allen and Grier get more reps... He looks bad... How bad must our QB depth must have been last year when he was our sole backup.

I'm serious that I hope they cut him and give him a chance to catch on somewhere else.  Win-win

Will give our guys more reps and he want be that guy who knows he's getting cut

Allen was looked much better last year at the end than Heinicke.  Not sure how Allen was ever behind him

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Washington was never doing anything that Ron fuging Rivera didn't want him to do.

Anyone who thinks different is delusional.  RR trained him.  RR hired him.  Period.

"Oh, how brave of Sir Ron Rivera to take over the defense!"

Fug that utter bullpoo.

Disagree. Washington has his own philosophies and interpretation of defensive schemes. Sure, Rivera can interject and change a play but Washington’s job was to call defensive plays. And he did a poor job of it. Panthers DC has been a stepping stone to head coaching jobs the past couple of years and there was a noticeable drop off when Washington took over. 

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I've learned something new in 2019 since watching football since 1966.

Football games are determined and won by yards surrendered.

I'm shocked.

No... really.

You are wrong on this one but you’ve tripled down now.

Archived