• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Maybe an elite head coach, coaching at the highest level of his sport, should have done that BEFORE HE APPOINTED HIS ASSISTANT AND GOOD BUDDY AS A COORDINATOR AND ALLOWED HIM TO CALL PLAYS.

JFC, you're fugging dense.

It’s the first preseason game and you’re already in mid season form 

Grier definitely looked jumpy in the first half. Made a bad read. Also playing behind a porous line. He needs some first downs to get confidence, but I don’t anticipate much of a ground game helping him out.  

Allen looked more comfortable. He also attempted no pass longer than about 10 yards — a smart decision for a guy in the lead of a battle. Minimize mistakes. 

I remember Cam had games of 7-19 and 6-22 his first preseason. Just reminding y’all. 

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Not even close to what happened. Rivera said he kept Washington to develop and show him how it should be done. He took the advice of Andy Reid one of his mentors. Who told him you don't dump a guy like Washington you develop and teach him what to do. Which is exactly what he did by taking over call playing and being more involved in the defense 

Exactly... Washington wasn't ready to be a DC but he is a great DL coach and is immensely respected by the guys.  

I was as frustrated by last year as anyone, but I think Washington could be a good DC in time.  Look at Sean McDermott

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Maybe an elite head coach, coaching at the highest level of his sport, should have done that BEFORE HE APPOINTED HIS ASSISTANT AND GOOD BUDDY AS A COORDINATOR AND ALLOWED HIM TO CALL PLAYS.

JFC, you're fugging dense.

He did the same with McDermott and with Wilkes as well. This time Washington needed help. If you had a clue you would know most teams promote from within especially if they produce top 10 results consistently.  Last year with Washington was the first time in a while that the defense took a backslide 

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Grier definitely looked jumpy in the first half. Made a bad read. Also playing behind a porous line. He needs some first downs to get confidence, but I don’t anticipate much of a ground game helping him out.  

Allen looked more comfortable. He also attempted no pass longer than about 10 yards — a smart decision for a guy in the lead of a battle. Minimize mistakes. 

I remember Cam had games of 7-19 and 6-22 his first preseason. Just reminding y’all. 

Grier was throwing the ball like he was blind.

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

Exactly... Washington wasn't ready to be a DC but he is a great DL coach and is immensely respected by the guys.  

I was as frustrated by last year as anyone, but I think Washington could be a good DC in time.  Look at Sean McDermott

Yeah most fans know that and think things are going to be great this year. Some Fringe fans with agendas keep making off the wall accusations but they are the thankful exception to the rule.

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

But Cam made plays with his legs

Archived