• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

I'm curious to see what kind of scheme changes stand out on D with the change from Vic Fangio to Chuck Pagano... and whether any of those changes will actually be revealed in preseason game 1 or will it be super vanilla? Probably the latter... 

2 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Gonna roll out a panther-heavy daily fantasy lineup w Godwin, Holyfield, Ian Thomas, and either Allen or Grier. Which QB would you guys play?

They have daily fantasy for the preseason?  

Thank God football is back. And thank God Hurney 2.0 had a very productive offseason. And thank God we finally have an owner who gives a damn and doesn’t care about how the media or fans will react when he signs a “controversial “ player. 

Here’s what I’ll be watching for tonight;

1) Greg Little- Hurney really likes him, moved up in the draft to get him. Hasn’t been as impressive as I thought he would be so far.

Back up qb and rb- Pretty sure Allen will start, does his game against the Aints carry over to tonight? How does the rookie Grier look against a defense that will actually hit him.

Want to see Bonnafon and Holyfield. Really like Bonn, want to see what Holyfield can do.

On defense;

Of course everyone wants to see Burns, but don’t forget about Miller. 

How does the D transition to a 34.

What will the combo of Short, GMC and Poe look like

How does Boston look at FS and who steps up at nickel

Don't understand people who don’t get excited for the preseason... this is when jobs are won and lost

No injuries.

Sacks.

Interceptions and PBUs.

Even a preseason game can set the tone for what a team will become.

Specifically I'll be watching Burns and Little.

What the 3-4 looks like and how / where guys like Butler, Cox, Obada fit.

RB competition.

KR/PR competition.

This is going to be a super interesting preseason for us.  Very excited.  Tonite, specifically, I want to see:

1.  Brian Burns.  Is he really as good as the reports out of camp?  Drills against your own team are one thing, buts entirely different when you can actually hit the QB.  I'd be thrilled if Burns had a sack and a handful of pressures / hits.

2.  Greg Little.  Is he really as raw as the reports from camp say?  If Burns has a field day, maybe it's just Little going up against some very good DL / Edge players.  I'd be satisfied if he just looked competent.  He doesn't have to be great, just look competent.

3.  Curtis Samuel.  All we heard when DJ Moore was drafted is that we finally drafted the heir apparent to Steve Smith.  If camp reports are true, we actually drafted the next Agent 89 two years ago and we just haven't seen it yet.  I'd like to see him get four or five targets on different routes with good separation.

4.  DJ Moore.  He's been quiet, but then again, he's a pretty quiet guy.  That's fine.  I want to see DJ beat press coverage on the outside and get separation.

5.  Kyle Allen.  I want him to make a statement tonite:  "I'm the guy behind Cam".

Archived