• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it was up to you, would you play Cam on Thursday night?

Jeremy Igo

No way would I play Cam the 1st and 4th preseason game.  I'd only give him a series or two in games 2 and 3 unless he looks rusty.  If he looks rusty, play him a little longer.  If he gets close to a sack, tell him to fall down.

No need for Cam to take any unnecessary hits in the preseason.  

None in the first. A series in the second. MAYBE a quarter (I don't trust Belichick) in the third. None in the 4th.

We know what Cam has. No need to give the rest of the league any more insight than necessary.

Give these games to the backups to see who comes out on top.

32 minutes ago, Bronn said:

None in the first. A series in the second. MAYBE a quarter (I don't trust Belichick) in the third. None in the 4th.

We know what Cam has. No need to give the rest of the league any more insight than necessary.

Give these games to the backups to see who comes out on top.

Funny, I have never really thought of BB as being a coach I couldn't trust out there...have there been instances of some nefarious stuff that I'm not recalling?

Gregg Williams and Sean Payton are two that I absolutely DO NOT TRUST.

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Funny, I have never really thought of BB as being a coach I couldn't trust out there...have there been instances of some nefarious stuff that I'm not recalling?

Gregg Williams and Sean Payton are two that I absolutely DO NOT TRUST.

Oh, I mean I actually like Belichick more than a lot of Panthers fans, and I honestly respect him.

That said, say you think you might end up playing a team in the Super Bowl at the end of the year. Say you play that same team in "the most important" preseason game that year. Say that said team is nursing their starting QB back from a shoulder injury/surgery and they're working on his mechanics a bit.

I couldn't trust any opposing coach in that situation. Or players.

2 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Oh, I mean I actually like Belichick more than a lot of Panthers fans, and I honestly respect him.

That said, say you think you might end up playing a team in the Super Bowl at the end of the year. Say you play that same team in "the most important" preseason game that year. Say that said team is nursing their starting QB back from a shoulder injury/surgery and they're working on his mechanics a bit.

I couldn't trust any opposing coach in that situation. Or players.

Gotcha.  I could be misremembering, but I couldn't recall much cheap stuff from BB's players under his reign, but was making sure I hadn't forgotten something.

To all those saying starters need reps in the preseason to get ready for regular season, ask Sean McVay about that

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/02/nfl-rams-practice-preseason-veterans-plan/

I wouldn't go to the extreme of not playing any starters, but I do think Cam already knows how to take a hit and doesn't need to in a preseason game.

Edit: We are supposed to be more progressive under new management, I think this is the way of the future

3 hours ago, SBiii said:

Yes.  Needs as many reps as possible to solidify new throwing motion.  Folks acting like hes a ballerina instead of a football player.

He's a football player that just had surgery on his shoulder. Why risk it in preseason? 

Archived