• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Bears Predictions Thread

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

"Grier was seen tying his shoes on the sideline.  Obviously a wasted draft pick.  No pick that high would ever have his laces needing to be retied during a game"

I can think of a few who'd be good candidates for that one haha

I hope we get out of here healthy first and foremost. Second, whoever wins the QB2 job will probably continue to fight for it into the regular season.

22 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

Cam, Luke, Greg, Williams, Paradis, Scarlett don't play. Samuels and Moore play the first half, only. 

Allen plays most of the first half. Grier plays through the 3rd quarter and Heinicke plays the fourth.

The game will be sloppy with lots of penalties and turnovers. Without CMC and Scarlett, the Panthers have trouble running the ball. The stars will be at wideout, with Godwin leading the way. Robinson has a couple of nice catches and a couple of unfortunate drops.

Alcohol will be consumed.

Some Panthers fans will predict Super Bowl success, while others will swear the Panthers may not win 4 games. Igo has to boot a couple of people.

He has henchmen for that

On 8/5/2019 at 2:54 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Here it is ladies and gents, your first predictions thread of this wonderful new season. A season full of mystery. A season full of splendor. A magical season sure to delight the senses.

What are your predictions for this game?

Does Cam play?

Who gets the biggest offensive and defensive plays for the Panthers?

Score?

Will their be complaints about the final score?

I think we'll see very few quality starters for either team. We'll Open Wide for Chunky and get a ton of 2nd and 3rd stringers seeing action.

0-0 final score.

Probably will be complaints.

4 hours ago, dimbee said:

I think we'll see very few quality starters for either team. We'll Open Wide for Chunky and get a ton of 2nd and 3rd stringers seeing action.

0-0 final score.

oh my god wow GIF

A Dimbee sighting?

5 hours ago, dimbee said:

0-0 final score.

Oh man I haven’t seen you around here in years 

Pre-season game 1 is about depth.  The final score really doesn’t matter as either team could go on a tear or get lucky when the 3rd stringers are out there for the entire second half.

What matters is to get a sense of the kind of depth we have and how that reflects on the quality of starters.

Some things I’m looking for:

Starting OL and DL.  It looks like we will see the majority of starters at least for a series or two.  Both positions need to be majorly improved.  I like the offseason moves.

The 3-4 defensive front.  What kind of pressure can they create and how will they do against the run?

QB2.  Allen has good height and a good arm and could be a decent pocket passer in this league.  Grier is an exciting prospect and I think he was an excellent draft pick.  Even Heineke will be able to get into the mix.

FS.  Will anybody step up and play this position like they know WTF is happening?

I could go on.  I have no real interest in stats or outcomes.  I want to see how far this team has come since the end of last season.  I’ve been following this team for 25 years, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a version with so much talent at the starting positions and depth to boot.

Excited for 2019!

We always suck in even years and kick butt in odd years!

Archived