• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Bears Predictions Thread

Jeremy Igo

I’m particularly intrigued with these guys/things:

Elliott

Burns

Godwin

Hogan

Little

Cockrell/Boston

Scarlett/Holyfield

Jeanpiere (my longshot pick—and it’s a big longshot. I love his game and effort. Puts in long hours, has a blazing speed, makes good plays every time I watch him.)

This hybrid 34 defense.

If we employ a 3-3-5 nickel as well as a four DL nickel package. 

I’m also particularly excited that it’s football again, because football is so goddamn good.

I hope Cam's only action is in pregame warmups!  

I bet Heinicke starts and plays midway into 2nd Q, and Grier takes over.  Kyle Allen plays the 4th. 

I'm excited to see how the 3-4 looks now that we've got great fillers at nose and tough hybrid guys for the DEs.  

CMC plays one possession, Scarlett leads team in rushing, Terry Godwin catches a late touchdown!

For a full Panthers preseason preview and NFL roundup, click the link.  Which Carolina Podcast, available on apple and spotify!

I am more excited this thread exists, that we are at the point of making a prediction thread (even if its for a preseason game) than for any predictions.

But not to derail..

Whatever Grier does will be overblown.  He will either (in the eyes of the Huddle) play well enough to solidify the second string, or we will question if he even deserves to make the final roster.  Probably both at the same time.

"Grier was seen tying his shoes on the sideline.  Obviously a wasted draft pick.  No pick that high would ever have his laces needing to be retied during a game"

"Grier handed the ball off to Scarlett like a seasoned nfl vet.  Easily gonna be the number 2 guy behind Cam"

Cam, Luke, Greg, Williams, Paradis, Scarlett don't play. Samuels and Moore play the first half, only. 

Allen plays most of the first half. Grier plays through the 3rd quarter and Heinicke plays the fourth.

The game will be sloppy with lots of penalties and turnovers. Without CMC and Scarlett, the Panthers have trouble running the ball. The stars will be at wideout, with Godwin leading the way. Robinson has a couple of nice catches and a couple of unfortunate drops.

Alcohol will be consumed.

Some Panthers fans will predict Super Bowl success, while others will swear the Panthers may not win 4 games. Igo has to boot a couple of people.

I would be shocked to see Cam, Luke, Olsen or CMC to even be on the field for a meaningless preseason game; maybe a series or two at home next week just because it’s the first rehearsal game in uniform.

Panthers 20 Bears17

The last game we played against them we lost 17-3. Pretty sure Tribisky was a rookie and Fox was still the coach. Our freaking offense couldn’t do Jack the entire game... but Thursday will be different;

Cam plays first series, throws long bomb to Samuel for 6... Cam sits rest of game

Defense looks good, not great. Limits Bears to 17 points

Archived