• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spider Burns

ellis

Does appear to be another 1st round hit for Hurney...

Hope his checkered history with 2nd rounders doesn't extend to Little, especially since we traded up for him.

I think Hurney has had a banner offseason, and resigning Darryl William's at a bargain certainly mitigates it, but it does appear as of now Greg Little is going to need a red shirt rookie season.

In no way do I think he cant be a good LT, but it is mildly disappointing that his performance so far hasn't been great as high as they were on him.

But pulling it back to Burns, I do think he has a legitimate chance to win DROY

26 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Dude is going to be a absolute steal of this draft

Steal in the first round ehh I don’t think they equate, but there were two edge rushers taken before him he’d have to outshine both is that how you feel he’ll stack up in year one vs Bosa/The Kentucky kid?

At the time I really wanted Sweat because of that 40 time. But the time went I was thinking... he just doesn’t move like burns does. I think sweats a prototype 43 end and doesn’t really fit a 34. So I’m pretty ecstatic about burns. Kids bend and length is amazing.

24 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

At the time I really wanted Sweat because of that 40 time. But the time went I was thinking... he just doesn’t move like burns does. I think sweats a prototype 43 end and doesn’t really fit a 34. So I’m pretty ecstatic about burns. Kids bend and length is amazing.

Agreed.  I went through the same process.  I think Burns has the best chance to become the next Miller, Mack.  It will take some time but his upside is really high.  

I may have to keep this avatar for a loooong time.  Lol. 

1 hour ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Agreed.  I went through the same process.  I think Burns has the best chance to become the next Miller, Mack.  It will take some time but his upside is really high.  

I may have to keep this avatar for a loooong time.  Lol. 

Hopefully ya do! And I really think he does too. It’s perfect that we switched schemes and he happens to be the perfect (albeit young) fit for us.

12 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

Skins fans are as excited about Sweat as we are about Burns. He's been putting on a show and his athleticism jumps out. I think either would have been great picks for Carolina. 

17 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Steal in the first round ehh I don’t think they equate, but there were two edge rushers taken before him he’d have to outshine both is that how you feel he’ll stack up in year one vs Bosa/The Kentucky kid?

I mean Fornette was hot on everyone’s radar coming into that draft but CMC has clearly proved he was the better selection thus far. Hype and selection number doesn’t always equate to success.

Archived