• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Carolina Panthers Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I think your closer than the experts think. Elliot Is a deep sleeper who was a walk on ar FSU but earned a significant role along guys like Derwin James and Jalen Ramsey. Kid can play.. Obada makes it over cox..just a better player. Also no way butler is just flat out cut after preseason. 

In what ways? How can you say that when we haven’t even given Cox a legitimate shot.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

That's why I lean more toward these depth charts being a pure media effort just to put out content for the fan

Pretty sure it's a requirement prior to 1st preseason game. But have always been told to treat it as something that is VERY preliminary and not at all indicative of how final roster will look.

19 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Tepper knows this team has potential, and he expects to see it realized.  Hopefully this season is going to be a fun ride.

I don't think I can find much of anything to disagree with in your 53. Maybe Kevon Seymour over Cole Luke?

But I'm amazed at how this roster is shaping up. So much potential!

People need to start thinking in terms of a 3-4.  The roster decisions will make more sense that way.

Short is a DE, same with McCoy

Poe is a DT, Butler and Love night play both.  If Butler makes the team I’m guessing it will be as a back up to both spots.

Someone like Cox might make the team as a 3-4 DE in passing situations or a 4-3 end when we do use a 4 man front.

6 hours ago, mjligon said:

In what ways? How can you say that when we haven’t even given Cox a legitimate shot.

I feel he has gotten every shot that obada has.. and the two basically have always been competing for the same spot. Obada has just flashed more.. he's gotten more shots than obada and is even ahead of him on the current depth chart.

21 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

The only reason he will make it is because of his punt return abilities.  It’s between he and Mickens right now.  One of those will stick IMO if they perform well in preseason.    We are not going into the season with Hogan returning punts.  And it doesn’t make sense for CMC or DJ to risk injury back there except for certain circumstances.  

Has Ross been returning punts?  That was his gig in Washington IIRC.  Robinson would be the odd man out not contributing on STs, but I don't consider it a knock on a draft class if a 7th rounder gets cut, because most do anyhow. Secondly, I don't think he'll get claimed off waivers en route to the practice squad since he was literally 17 picks away from going undrafted in the first place.  I was at opening night of practice and Ross looked really good.  Sorry, but that's who I am rooting for to win that last WR/PR spot. If Mickens has muffed some punts being brought in for primarily for PR duties, then he will find himself out of a job quickly

On 8/4/2019 at 12:24 PM, shaq said:

I don’t see the point of keeping 6 wr, especially when we’re transitioning on defense this year. It’s nice to keep some extra guys on defense, to see if they it better in the new defense. I really hope we don’t cut Butler and I would much rather have Obada over Bryan Cox, I really don’t get the hype over Cox. I would like to give Obada atleast 1 more year he is a promising player, and I would love to see him play in London. Choosing a player like Cox with limited upside over him just doesn’t make much sense. 

While I agree it isn’t ideal that we keep 6 wr, that is the direction we are heading.  DJ, Curtis, Wright, Hogan, and for some unknown reason the team likes Smith too much.  Not that he is horrible, but I think we have needs elsewhere.

The real reason is all of the punt returners that have practiced in camp are also WR.  Mickens, Godwin, and Ross.  

While i would love to keep an extra DL especially since Butler is a Bust.  But right now they are gonna keep a guy for punt returns.  

QB: Cam, Grier, Allen
RB: CMC, Scarlett, Holyfield
FB: Armah
WR: Moore, Samuel, Wright, Smith, Hogan, Godwin
TE: Olsen, Thomas, Manhertz
T: Moton, Little, Williams, Daley
G: Turner, Van Roten, Greene
C: Paradis, Larsen

DL1:Poe, Love
DL3:McCoy, Short
DL5: Addison, Cox, Obada
EDGE: Burns, Irvin, Haynes, Miller