• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Carolina Panthers Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think I would go as far as to say Obada is shitty. He's still extremely raw but he isn't a giant bust like Butler is.

Yeah, I think Obada has potential but I also think it's likely that it's never realized. It's just really hard to get caught up to everyone else who has been playing football their entire lives when you got such a late start. I'm fine with him being on the roster, but I'm also fine with us finding a better football player even if that better football player is a lesser athlete.

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

This^

People need to stop thinking in terms of 4-3.  Short is a DE, not a DT.  Same with McCoy

Defensive line (6):

NT- Poe, Butler

DE- Short, Love

DE- McCoy, ? (maybe Cox)

Linebackers (9):

Outside: Addison, Burns

Inside: Luke, Carter

Inside: Thompson, Smith

Outside: Irvin, Haynes, Miller

Secondary (9):

CB: Bradberry, Cockrell

Safety: Reid, Jones

Safety: Boston, Gaulden

CB: Jackson, Luke, Doss

I think this is much more practical for the defensive side of the ball.  If I remember the practice squad rules correctly, we can stash Parms and/or Cole Luke for injury insurance and keep either Elliott for nickle or Obada for 4-3 formations.

On offense, I agree with the OP except I'm still not sure Smith makes the team.  Taking a pay cut doesn't mean a lot as the 6th guy if there's a better player for the last slot.  Mickens and Ross both offer more in the return game than Torrey.

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Butler is not a bad player he just hasn't lived up to expectations. If we were to cut him half the league would put a claim on him. 

He's a fringe NFL player with durability issues. Yeah, some teams that are really thin on the DL would probably have an interest in kicking the tires, but that's probably about it.

1 minute ago, ellis said:

Agree with Jeremy on Godwin. He’s a good option at PR. Mickens has muffed a pair of punts and dropped a wide open 9 route. Hogan is sharing a healthy dose of PR reps with Godwin. 

Glad to hear Godwin is showing promise as a return man. I was hoping that he'd find a way to stick but I was also thinking that for that to happen he probably needs to establish himself as a core special teamer. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I think Obada has potential but I also think it's likely that it's never realized. It's just really hard to get caught up to everyone else who has been playing football their entire lives when you got such a late start. I'm fine with him being on the roster, but I'm also fine with us finding a better football player even if that better football player is a lesser athlete.

That's fair. I do think he can be a contributor with a couple of more years in the league. Heck, he already was able to last year. 

56 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Butler is not a bad player he just hasn't lived up to expectations. If we were to cut him half the league would put a claim on him. 

I don't think most of the league would be that interested. I expect he will bounce around for a couple of years as a journeyman and then be out of the NFL.

Archived