• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers deepest and least deep positions.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

It's crazy how they are indeed deep at wr yet the national media says they don't have a receiving Corp. 

We are deep but very thin on "proven" WR's. That is why the national media consistently overlooks them. If Samuel makes it through a season healthy, he will get some respect. If DJ Moore is able to avoid the sophomore slump, he will also get some national attention. But, that also hasn't happened yet. 

LT is deep. It may not be our best starting spot but we’ve got Daryl, Little and Moton with Daley as well. We need one of the first two to step up and seize the spot but saying it isn’t deep is a mistake. I’d say it’s deeper than last year (Moton was backup for both spots) or back in 2015 where we had 1 LT and 2 RTs. You were the one asserting that Williams had been successful at LT before so having 3 guys who can play LT and 3 guys who can play RT is much better off than last year or 2015. 

I think you are listing a lot of guys that are probably much more RT's than they are quality LT's, so I cannot disagree with Jeremy on his assertion that we are thin at LT. 

ILB. I'm also not sold on Shaq. He really seems to be a "system" guy, not an all around great player. If Kuechly goes, there's nothing but unprovens behind him.

PR/KR - there's no don't have a slam dunk here. Whoever loses rock, paper, scissors, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

It's crazy how they are indeed deep at wr yet the national media says they don't have a receiving Corp. 

Its about name recognition. We know DJ, and Curtis, most people don't. Hogan and Torrey probably have more name recognition outside the Panther's fan base. If things go well for the Panthers, that will change.

Archived