• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston , Gaulden, and the Panthers Defense

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, Snake said:

I think Tre Boston is a avg safety if you ask him to roam and hawk balls. The Panthers typically don't like that because they want their safeties to be interchangeable. So I guess we will see how that pans out. At some point though a draft pick at Safety world be nice. 

Agreed but Reid is much more suited for a box safety role, might be time to just let them play their natural roles on a high percentage of snaps and interchange them every once in a blue moon to confuse offenses 

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

That’s my issue with Boston, he plays undisciplined, hero ball and misses tackles and blows coverages

many say he is better than when he was here before...sure hope so

Did you learn anything and improve in the past 2 years? Strangely enough folks can change and improve over time. Hurney himself is a prime example. Let's watch Boston play before deciding he sucks.

Three years and only one year deals. We are better than we were pre Boston but we should be looking to upgrade in the offseason. If Boston was 'good' he wouldn't still be chasing a long term contract and making 3 million this year. He is more 'good enough for this year' as his employment history has shown.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Three years and only one year deals. We are better than we were pre Boston but we should be looking to upgrade in the offseason. If Boston was 'good' he wouldn't still be chasing a long term contract and making 3 million this year. He is more 'good enough for this year' as his employment history has shown.

He's a solid stop gap that is familiar with our system. WAYYYY better than what we had and we're getting him at 3 mil.

Am I glad he is here?  Sure.  He is probably and upgrade at FS.  And it allows us to possibly let Gaulden develop into the Big nickel position and Cockrell to be needed depth at CB.  

But if you listened to his press conference I think he has a huge issue in how he views himself vs reality.  He wants Honey Badger money.  But he isn’t Honey Badger.

I just hope he doesn’t gamble too much and get burned over the top too often.  We had enough of that last year.  

I was just about the only Boston defender on the huddle. Y'all celebrated his leaving the teM, much like our last left tackle. 

Now he's being celebrated cause he's back on the team. 

His experience is why he is here.  He does have the talent, always have, he just was never really consistently good while he was here. 

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

I was just about the only Boston defender on the huddle. Y'all celebrated his leaving the teM, much like our last left tackle. 

Now he's being celebrated cause he's back on the team. 

His experience is why he is here.  He does have the talent, always have, he just was never really consistently good while he was here. 

Which LT are you talking about? 

Here’s some football analysis. There’s a lot to be concerned about with Boston. He struggles with run fits. He’s been known to take a bad angle.

There’s also a lot of upside. If you have big leads, he has a great knack for the ball. Particularly when he gambles. 

Archived